Google search bar

lynn02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I must have somehow deleted my Google search bar that was on my home screen. Is there any way to get it back or will I need to do a factory reset?

ppeklak

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I must have somehow deleted my Google search bar that was on my home screen. Is there any way to get it back or will I need to do a factory reset?

It's gone forever...sorry!

jk just long press on the home screen, go to widgets then add google search.

Reactions: lynn02

Nicole Simmons2

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I somehow deleted my Google search bar from my home screen on my Samsung Galaxy S5 and I tried long pressing and searching the widgets but it's not there! What do I do?

halla74

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
This doesnt really solve the problem, Preinstalled there is a search bar on top of the widget area, you can move this do the thrash. If you put it back again as you mention as a widget it will come back at the highest right under where the original preinstalled search bar was.
However, I dont know how to fix...

Muzammil123k

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I am facing the same problem with my Galaxy Grand Prime. Accidentally deleted Google Search bar and now it is nowhere to be found. Long-pressed empty area and went to the widgets screen. Unfortunately, there is no trace of the Google Search bar or Google Search widget anywhere in the widgets screen. How to restore the Google Search bar then? Please help.

reggiewee

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Look for it under widgets - note that it may appear either as Google Search or as a 4 x 1 App (if there are other 4 x 1 Google apps). In the latter case will need to look a little harder (but it's there)