Battery 50%, turned phone off, now 16%

bxborn31

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I know I read something about this on here but of course now I can't find it. What's the reason for this?

Sent from my GS2.

Docjeep

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Had something similar on my GS2 once. Happened alot on my Palm Pre. Usually a discharge/charge cycle/power off would fix it for a while. Worked for my GS2 when it happened. I think it has to do with the calibration data getting off and that runs a calibration on the battery.

Entropy

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
There is no need to ever run calibration cycles on our battery. The disadvantage of the approach Maxim (the fuel gauge manufacturer) used to allow this is that rebooting the phone on low battery confuses it. It's the only known issue with the fuel gauge.

Don't reboot your phone on low battery, reboot it while on the charger, or sit and accept the funkiness of watching your phone's state of charge estimate actually go upwards as you use it after a reboot on low battery.

Do NOT let it sit and discharge all the way - just charge it up, you don't even need to charge it to full.

Reactions: tneil and bxborn31

TxAndroidGuy

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem happen a few weeks ago. The GPS signal wasn't great so I restarted the phone to see if that would help. When it restarted, I noticed a huge drop like that too. I never found out what caused it but it hasn't happened since. I just charged it up from where it was to 100% and went on with my day. Strange problem though..... I made sure all apps were closed before restarting, the phone wasn't warm, and other than a weak GPS signal, nothing was out of the ordinary.

laurabward

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I had mine turned off all night (9 hrs) and it went all the way down to 1%. The next night I turned off all the GPS first and then turned off the phone all night and it still went down, though this time to around 20%. Is there anything else to be turned off when the phone is to save the battery???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol