ATT & Samsung.... Fricking LIARS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickle

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Hear me loud ATT... A properly functioning ICS to be delivered for Galaxy S II in first quarter... If not on my damn phone by this April 1, (no phucking April fool), i'm fricking gone, contract be DAMNED..... No more fricking delays, for any ATT device...

dickle

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
NOT a bad day at work, just not like the majority of the population that just "bends over" and takes it. THOSE people are commonly refered to as SHEEPLE....... YOUR mileage will vary... ;)

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Samsung and AT&T never said anything about releasing ICS for this phone in general.

Samsung only mentioned about ICS for Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy Note, and others. No carrier specific. Which this probably means that ICS will be released in Q1 for the International versions, but no clue when for carrier branded versions. AT&T, Samsung, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc never mentioned when ICS will be coming for "their" versions of the phone.

If you wanted ICS, you should have pay for the International Samsung Galaxy S II or Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Starting in the first quarter of 2012, Samsung plans to update the Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note to the new mobile OS. After that, the Galaxy R, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, Galaxy Tab 7.7, and Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus will follow suit, the company said in a blog post.
Samsung confirmed last month that the Galaxy S II would receive ICS, but had not yet provided a timetable.
"For upgradable models, Samsung will make separate announcements on details of OS updates schedule for each market according to market situation and carriers' requirements," Samsung wrote.
[Source]

If history repeats itself and if I remember correctly, Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) just got Gingerbread update about a month ago... AT&T doesn't give us updates that often. So have fun waiting. I'm thinking we won't get it til Q2.

Last edited:

oldwhiteguy

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
UNFORTUNATELY I have to agree and support dickle's sentiment....I mean really ATT/Samsung....I won't even call it customer service.....they don't care

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Battery issue should be fixed in 2.3.x (7 or 8 or whatever Samsung/AT&T wants to number it). ICS still will take a while for carrier phones no matter what. Carriers have to put their crapware on it, approve it, go over it, and slowly release it to the phones which will take a long time knowing that it's AT&T and not directly from Samsung.

Entropy

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hear me loud ATT... A properly functioning ICS to be delivered for Galaxy S II in first quarter... If not on my damn phone by this April 1, (no phucking April fool), i'm fricking gone, contract be DAMNED..... No more fricking delays, for any ATT device...

Where did AT&T ever state ICS in first quarter?

Samsung only stated ICS for the I9100 in first quarter.

If you want a fix for the UCKK6 battery life regressions - just revert to UCKH7.

NEDNERBISH

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree 100%. Wtf the HTC phones are getting it I'm a month and we aren't!!! Outraged!!! Galaxy s 2 guaranteed outsold those. :l

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
^You can blame carriers for that. Samsung probably can make an ICS build quick for this phone since it's similar to the international version. BUT, carriers (AT&T) needs to approve it, put bloatwares on it, etc. and then release it to the users which will take months.

duncanator

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
As a long time AT&T customer, I knew it would be a long time before they approved ICS for the Galaxy SII. Before I bought the phone, I expected extensive "testing" time and did not plan on seeing it on the device for at least a year. It makes it easier to deal with if you expect it lengthy wait times and it doesn't really matter since I can install another ROM.

It's not like we really expected Samsung and AT&T to be quick with this, did we?

Blackjack55345

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Settle down. The update will come when the update is ready. Why are you even getting upset over a simple update? Only 1% of Android devices have ICS right now. Be patient and don't bust a nerve over this. We all want it, but complaining about it won't make Samsung nor AT&T release it any quicker. There are more important things to get angry over than a company releasing an update.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
First, I'm slightly offended with these "up the rear" remarks since I'm an open homosexual.

Second, I am not impressed with these "skinned" ICS versions that the manufacturers are making. Just give me stock. Touch Wiz/Sense/Blur ICS doesn't look any different than their previous versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol