Hello, does anyone know what the problem might be with my phones video camera? I try and record vids of my daughter and it is constantly focusing, in out in out like every 10-20 secs. Is this fixable or do I return it and use my insurance?
    02-08-2012 08:41 AM
    Hello, does anyone know what the problem might be with my phones video camera? I try and record vids of my daughter and it is constantly focusing, in out in out like every 10-20 secs. Is this fixable or do I return it and use my insurance?
    Ya that is another bug to add to Samsung's list. Nothing you can do to fix it.

What I did was lower the res one notch to 1280x720. Sure you won't get the 1080p recording, but atleast it cures the autofocus issue.

For some reason the autofocus is only an issue at the highest res. Lowering it one notch still yields a great quality video without the autofocus being messed up.

Despite this issue, the GS2 still does have a great camera on it, especially in low light. I am still on the fence about getting a Razr Maxx on Verizon, but I had the regular Razr briefly and the camera isn't nearly as good as the GS2. The Razr is horrible in lower light and even in mid type lighting is could be better. The camera is a big issue for me on a phone, and that is one of the few things stopping me from getting the MAXX. I just can't live with a sub-par camera.
    02-08-2012 12:00 PM
    yea i was at a Pretty Lights show last year and it was doing that whenever i was taking video ... my wife's ip4 took prefect 1080p video ... very annoying.
    02-09-2012 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD