I know this question has been asked probably a thousand times, but I am to lazy to look for it. I am new to Androidcentral. I have an unlocked samsung focus, because the Blackberry Torch sucked. Anyway, I can't decide between the 4s or sgs2. The 4s has a lot of awesome features, and awesome support, but seems kind of boring to me. The sgs2 looks awesome, and I think still has a lot of life in the market, even when the sgs3 is released. I guess to me its more of a ecosystem choice. is there as much choice in the music section of Android like the iTunes? I just need someone to straighten me out here. Thanks
    02-14-2012 07:41 AM
    Being that you've asked this question in the first place tells me to go SGS2.

The iPhone is a solid product, don't get me wrong. It just isn't for everyone; people like you and me that don't see much thrill in their walled garden, especially. Being that you weren't keen on BB or Windoze means you probably would get bored with iPhone.

If music (or music handling) is the big concern there are apps like Doubletwist that will work with an existing iTunes account if you already have one. If you don't, there are plenty of apps that can manage music for you.

-Songbird is a good open source program for your PC that will syn your music library to any and all of your digital music devices- they have a free Android app as well.

-mSpot is good cloud sync for your music- it's available for iPhone as well- it lets you access your music from any internet connection as well as your phone. 5 gigs and less usage is totally free- no credit card needed (for more than 5 gigs of cloud storage they want to charge though). For reference, I have 1168 "songs" uploaded to mSpot (with a fistful being 40+ minute DJ sets) and have yet to get a "maxed out" warning on those 5 gigs.
    02-14-2012 08:20 AM
    Thanks kon. I love tech a lot, so I can't see myself owning an iPhone. Every where I look people have an iPhone. I just want to have something different. Still the iPhone keeps calling me with that beautiful design.
    02-14-2012 08:12 PM
    Truth be told- Android is popular too. Many devices do the same thing...in that respect it isn't a far stretch to an iDevice.

Side note: This is a big deal for me with Apples push to sue their way to monopoly. /soapbox lol

In all fairness, iPhones do have a bit of sexiness to them, it just wears thin in a fast way for some. At least with (Samsung) Androids the making of a change isn't so monumental of a task.

Disclaimer: All of the above is personal opinion from a guy that has never owned an iPhone and owns two generations of Galaxy S.
    02-14-2012 09:37 PM
    Oh I am with you. The thing is I am way into Samsung as well, it's the only thing that makes me want an android device. Your right though apple suing everyone, is kinda of getting old. I respect google for trying so hard to stay out of the patent war for as long as they did.
    02-14-2012 09:58 PM
    I will NEVER, EVER buy another ibone. They are the.most $ hungry company I know. Pay for this, pay for that. Screw them. Pardon my French. I love my gs2, free music, apps, FULLY customizable, blazingly fast, what's not to love. Android is the future, crapple is sooo last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    02-14-2012 11:57 PM
    Where do you get your music from?
    02-15-2012 04:40 AM
    don't forget google music which will automatically upload your library if you want and have it fully accessible on the android phones and tablets other than the amazon kindle fire.

Don't forget about Amazon's Cloud Storage which is 20 dollars a year for unlimited music and 20GB of other data.

Don't forget about Drop Box compatibility

Don't forget about drag and drop capabilities to folders

Don't forget about open source allowing you to use multiple programs as an option to sync music to your phone.

Don't forget about all the subscription services that allow you to stream or cache music without even buying it.

This post was sort of tongue in cheek but the last thing you want to worry about is not using iTunes anymore. Especially if you're not a Mac user. If I were you I'd abandon iTunes and iPhone in a heart beat.

Amazon is almost always cheaper than iTunes so I always buy music from Amazon. I just don't think that you can really beat the android phones in terms of music. Open your phone up, toss in a 16-32GB Micro SD card and try to argue with me that the 16GB iPhone is better than 40+GB of an Android Phone and at a lower overall cost.
    02-17-2012 10:50 AM
    as far as usability is concerned, which is why i loved my iP, the S2 needs work to get it as usable for my needs. actually, lots of work, ROM's & kernels, cleaning & optimizing... but you know, it took me 2 years of evolving to get my iP right. and after about a month or so with the S2, i am already blowing it clearly out of the water performance & usability-wise. it just took a big learning curve commitment. after that the sky opens up for you. or the galaxy, as it were.
    02-17-2012 11:10 AM
    best feature for SGS2 over Iphone, auto reject list. Which includes "unknown" numbers. Try to do that on iphone effectively. Even better yet, google voice integration so those callers get spam list message of "number no longer in service" lol got to love it.
    02-17-2012 11:22 AM
    On the market there's an app called easy mp3 downloaded. It has EVERY song I've ever typed in. And I listen to some rare old school metal and stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    02-28-2012 06:39 PM
    Have both (4S and GSII), GSII all the way. 4S is fine, but pretty much like everything better on the GSII, you don't even need to root and flash custom roms.... so much you can do customizing stock. I'm using Go Launcher EX with various themes b/c you can use icons for example from all the themes w/o actually "using" the theme. Love the layout and look I have on this phone. Plus the scrolling dock in Go Launcher is awesome.

Plenty of choices for music like mentioned in this thread, iSyncr is another excellent one and fast and stable. But honestly the best thing about this (and Android in general), you can just connect and mount the phone and copy files directly to the folder on the device quickly.

Battery only says 28 right now, bust haven't charged since yesterday and used the phone pretty heavily. Battery is better on life then our 4S.
    02-29-2012 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD