Looking for some help on this, with the 2.3.6 battery issues a friend of mine rooted my ATT GS2 to an international version which works great and is stable. It wiped all the ATT bloatware off my phone which I'm fine with except the ATT hotspot app that automatically connects you to wifi in Starbucks and McDonalds; the one that gives you the little orange wifi symbol in the notification bar that says "welcome to the AT&T network"... I found the app on one of the boards here and loaded it back on my phone, but whenever walk into an ATT hotspot the ATT hotspot app fires up but then says "Network Access Failed" forcing me to open up the browser and accept the user agreement terms if I want to connect to the wifi. Does anyone know how to get the AT&T hotspots to recognize my GS2 as an ATT phone again? I do have the box checked for Auto Connect - Automataically connect to ATT Wi-Fi Hotspot When Detected

Thanks so much for your help!
    02-16-2012 03:10 PM
    Hey I have the same problem. Where did you download the Att Wifi App from? I been looking for that app for a while but cant find it.
    02-20-2012 04:37 PM
    I have the same problem. Where did you dowload the att wifi app from? I been trying to find it online but cant find it anywhere.
    02-20-2012 04:39 PM
    Using the att hotspot in places like starbucks is frustrating. I didn't remove or freeze that service, but it works just like yours..always bringing it back to the accept terms & conditions page
    02-20-2012 11:33 PM
    Hmm... It could probably be extracted from a stock AT&T firmware. Most custom firmware developers remove it because it runs a background service which eats battery when not needed. In my case, the number of times it bothers me is insignificant compared to the number of times that app has annoyed me.

When I get some time I'll try seeing if I can fix this in a McDonalds - McD's is autoconnectable, correct?
    02-21-2012 04:25 PM
    I actually found out the Att hotspot app. It's called WISPr_49_Android23.apk
    I installed it and went to an Att hotspot and it says att hotspot connection failed. When I click on more details it said, Failed to validate credentials.
    02-22-2012 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD