Galaxy S2... is it worth it??

Ryistech

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
okay, so i have been an iphone and an android user for about 6 years.. as of right now i have an iphone 4 16gb for att. and someone on craigslist offered to do an even trade for a galaxy s2.. is it worth it? which one is better? and what do you think i should do?

badams1

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I would say that yes..its worth it. This phone has been out internationally for about year now...and still out runs phones that just came out last week. Samsung did a good thing with the SGS2 in my opinion.

I owned the iphone 2G up thru the 4...amd while i cant really knock the iphone cause its a solid device...i would take the SGS2 over it anyday...not to mention the strong developer support it has if rooting/jailbreaking is ur thing.

Ryistech

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
okay, the guy on craigslist like dissapeard so idk if hes going through with it our not.. but i hope he does.. ive also noticed that all of the ones at the att stores have screen problems, dark screens, apps burned into screen, yellow tint, etc... is this on all gs2?

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Voice commands looks like a disguised Vlingo. Not sure what you mean by voice talk-I don't see that appication. Btw can voice commands be uninstalled on a non rooted device?

Blackjack55345

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
okay sweet, but have you guys noticed that all of the display models at att or best buy have screen problems?

Those screens are on all day. That would be the reason for the burn in and spots you are seeing on their screens. You will most likely never reach the amount of time those screens are on. Had my SII since Black Friday and it's been a great phone. Very fun to mess around with and it has a beautiful screen. It is definitely worth it.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
If you look in the picture I have voice command and voice talk.

Sent from my G2

Thx.. I don't have that voice talk. What is it?

Also, I've never completed the installation of voice command. If I want Vlingo, I'll install the app from the market. After using Vlingo in the past I found it not very useful and a battery drain.

Ryistech

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
It's just like voice commands. But does different things and can be activated by saying. "Hi galaxy" idk what the difference are..

what are some cool apps I should get?

Sent from my G2