03-30-2012 01:42 PM
36 12
tools
    Mine last all day with no problems at all...i woke up this morning after it being off the charger for 6 hours and it still had 70% left

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    02-28-2012 02:57 AM
    I'm impressed with the battery life. "Normal" use for me and I just got 40 hours and it still was at 19%. "Normal" for me would get me about 18 hours on my Captivate if I was lucky
    02-28-2012 02:08 PM
    Well, I guess that I need to learn how to live with it for the next 2 years.
    I have notice that if phone is idle battery don't get drained as much.
    A few days ago I had brief conversation with customer rep in AT&T store regarding the battery problem.
    Believe it or not, but he has admitted that all Galaxy S units have battery problems and this is why they went on sale a few weeks ago.
    02-29-2012 03:04 PM
    Well, I guess that I need to learn how to live with it for the next 2 years.
    I have notice that if phone is idle battery don't get drained as much.
    A few days ago I had brief conversation with customer rep in AT&T store regarding the battery problem.
    Believe it or not, but he has admitted that all Galaxy S units have battery problems and this is why they went on sale a few weeks ago.
    Huh? Went on sale? They've been on sale since October.

And there is no battery problem with the SGH-I777 itself - it's a broken firmware update (UCKK6) - any other firmware (including ported I9100 releases and the original stock firmware) work fine.
    02-29-2012 04:14 PM
    I'm glad I'm still on 2.3.4..battery life is great. I'm in hog heaven coming from the Captivate
    02-29-2012 08:54 PM
    I'm changing my status of the Galaxy S2 "from love it" to "like it"
    The reason for that is the very poor battery life.
    I came back to AT&T the next day after I got my GS2 cause battery drained in the few hours to 35% after being fully charged earlier.
    I found that being very odd.So they exchange my unit to the new one.
    Got better, by battery still draining fast.
    I have set my phone to all suggested settings like turn of WIFI , screen brightness etc.
    Still not going well.
    I know I'm not the only one and would appreciate any suggestions or please route me to the proper thread on this forum.
    Many thanks!!!
    Well, i want to give you my point of view..
    Im an ex-iPhone 4S and ex-BlackBerry 9930 User (Hardcore heavy data user! Reaching bout 5GB per month on H+)

And let me tell you that, the battery life on the SII its OUTSTANDING!!!

And like everyone, we always want more and more performance out of our mobiles. This baby is a keeper!
    Never been so happy with a mobile!!!!
    mrakifa likes this.
    03-01-2012 05:42 PM
    Entropy512 said: "Huh? Went on sale? They've been on sale since October."

Just for your information: SGS2 release date for ATT was on Sunday, October 2 2011.
    I'm not sure on which planet your ATT store had sale on SGS2 in October, but on this planet these went on sale in the day of the Galaxy Note release which was on Sunday Feb. 19. 2012
    SGS2 went down from 149 to 99 with 2 year contract that day.
    Regards
    03-02-2012 01:12 PM
    Quick Update:
    Using Juice Defender seems it saving battery life.
    Still like the phone!
    03-27-2012 03:14 PM
    Very strange, I pretty much left my stock until good ICS leaks come out (waiting to hear the results people get from the leak yesterdayt) and I'm even on 2.3.6 which everyone seems to claim has bad battery life, it's a work phone so I can put 2 1/2 hours of talk time on it when I'm out of the office, plus checking email and surfing all day, it's never died on me before the end of the day. I leave 3G or (Faux G) and GPS on all day and have both gmail and exchange set to push.
    03-27-2012 03:34 PM
    I am with all of you on this battery issue. its like a 10% an hour drain when im on wifi and thats in standby mode. I took my phone back once and they gave me a new phone with 2.3.6 already updated. Im really pushing for this ICS update. i hope its by at least may.
    03-28-2012 06:51 AM
    I'm glad that I'm not alone on this.I just happened to walk into my local AT&T store and spotted a store manager which exchanged my phone to the new one due to battery problem, right next day after I've purchased mine
    After a quick "Hi, how are you", I've asked him for tips on saving battery life, he said that he has the same issue with his Galaxy Note phone.He even purchased a special case with built-in battery( i didn't know they existed till now) but it not helping either.
    But he agreed that most likely that 2.3.6 causing a problem.
    03-30-2012 01:42 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD