This is not a big deal but the OCD part of me needs some help. I've been trying to uninstalled 2 apps, "Permissions Denied" and "Cover Art Downloader", both installed from the marketplace. Every time I uninstall it (through the phone, through the marketplace, through Titanium, etc) it still shows up under Settings>Applications>Manage Applications after a reboot. I have attached a screenshot.

Has anyone else experienced this and know of a way to get rid of it? Or can point in the right direction where I can research more? I've searched but came up empty handed. Thanks in advance.
    02-24-2012 01:53 PM
    This is not a big deal but the OCD part of me needs some help. I've been trying to uninstalled 2 apps, "Permissions Denied" and "Cover Art Downloader", both installed from the marketplace. Every time I uninstall it (through the phone, through the marketplace, through Titanium, etc) it still shows up under Settings>Applications>Manage Applications after a reboot. I have attached a screenshot.

Click to view quoted image

Has anyone else experienced this and know of a way to get rid of it? Or can point in the right direction where I can research more? I've searched but came up empty handed. Thanks in advance.
    The same happened to me when i uninstalled some apps through the go launcher's UI. I reinstalled them and used titanium backup to uninstall them and they were gone, since android's app manager was still not doing its job.
    The steps i took with titanium is install the app from the market, open titanium, wipe data (app's), then uninstall, and that did it.
    gsrrr likes this.
    02-25-2012 01:19 AM
    Thanks for the instructions. Worked out great.
    02-25-2012 04:27 AM
    Also, you can go into 'security' and see if any of those apps require to be registered as an administrator. If so, you'll need to deactivate them, then uninstall.
    06-05-2013 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD