What keyboards is everyone using? I have the unofficial Ice Cream Sandiwch keyboard from the app store. My only complaint with Android is that I have yet to find a keyboard that matches the stock keyboard for the iPhone - smaller screen and much more accurate to touch.
    02-25-2012 09:05 PM
    My personal favorite is FlexT9. It has good swype style and good tapping. Currently I'm playing with swiftkey...I know it's very popular for it's word prediction
    02-25-2012 10:46 PM
    I like Smart Keyboard Pro. It has all of the standard features plus the option of elongating the space bar so my sausage thumbs don't put a period after.every.word.
    02-25-2012 11:10 PM
    I've been happy with Swype, especially after using it for a bit while its learning your style and words etc. Great for swiping, or just normal "tap" typing.
    02-25-2012 11:17 PM
    I like Smart Keyboard Pro. It has all of the standard features plus the option of elongating the space bar so my sausage thumbs don't put a period after.every.word.
    Another vote for Smart Keyboard Pro for this very reason.
    02-26-2012 06:54 AM
    After about a half dozen or so I've settled on swift key x.. If I experiment with another I always come back to Swift Key
    02-26-2012 08:09 AM
    Im a swiftkey x user. I've tried many others but always go back to swiftkey x.
    02-26-2012 08:38 AM
    Thumb Keyboard
    Swiftkey
    02-26-2012 07:11 PM
    Swype Swype Swype Swype!
    02-26-2012 11:38 PM
    tried a few and i use swiftkey x but i'm not 5/5 with it, maybe 3.5-4/5. cannot exactly say why... i was a Color Keyboard user on iP with radial keys and loved it. swiftkey is hard for me to use although easier than the others i've tried.

also, swiftkey will always miss the right prediction if you get the first letter wrong. hate that. could use more themes as well, such as radial keys (increase roundness of corners), which clearly helped with my typing on the iphone. for some reason my typing on the iphone was better than using my GS2. that surprises me, i can't figure out why unless it's just the radial keys, which are reputed to help with tying accuracy for some.
    02-28-2012 12:04 AM
    Smart keyboard pro and swiftkey x! the predictions on swiftykey are the best in my opinion.
    02-28-2012 01:01 AM
    Thanks folks!

Ended up going with Swiftkey X, and it's definitely an upgrade to the stock keyboard and also to the unofficial ICS keyboard.

The only three complaints - I wish that I could get rid of the ".com" button, and elongate the shift key. I also wish that I could input an exclamation point from the main screen, rather than having to go into numbers and symbols to do so. Lastly, I wish there were more themes, as I have the white one now, simply because of the rounded edges, rather than everything sort of blending together. But, all in all, a big upgrade.
    03-01-2012 11:38 AM
    I'm lovin SlideIT. It is like Swype but SlideIT works better for me. I seem to make less mistakes. Unfortunately, it is a paid app BUT I jsut searched and it is on sale for 99 cents. I suggest you try it.
    03-01-2012 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD