I noticed this happen on the iPhone as well, for some reason I don't recall this happening like a year+ ago. But if I send a group message out with a text for funny pic whatever, everyone responds and they say they get the text response back from others that were in that mass text even if they have no idea whom that person is. Or like today I got a text from a buddy and responded, and I got like a dozen text back from others asking who is this (he sent a funny pic out to some people).
    03-06-2012 07:51 PM
    that is called group messaging
    03-12-2012 05:07 PM
    that is called group messaging
    How come I never had that issue before when sending or receiving a group text? Even on my iPhone I don't recall it except for the last year or so, which makes sense as even on the Apple boards threads like this have been popping up recently with people saying the samething (vs receiving group text in the past).

Kind of annoying now if I send a text or receive one and get dozens and dozens of replies back from people I don't even know or vice versa for friends lol.

Also doesn't happen all the time, i.e. I was with a friend at dinner with a bunch of people and he sent a funny pic to some friends as a mass text including me even though I was right there, people were responding yet in that case I didn't get those responses, and when I sent a reply to him nobody responded like "who is this"? So something doesn't make sense here, how can it happen sometimes and not others???
    03-13-2012 02:31 PM
    From what I've hears that's an at&t problem. I sent a text toy brother one day and got a reply I had the wrong #! So I checked his # in my contacts etc and all was correct. I told him about it and he said at&t was having problems w that. He's also an android fanatic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    03-15-2012 08:49 AM
    From what I've hears that's an at&t problem. I sent a text to my brother one day and got a reply I had the wrong #! So I checked his # in my contacts etc and all was correct. I told him about it and he said at&t was having problems w that. He's also an android fanatic.

03-15-2012 09:01 AM
    From what I've hears that's an at&t problem. I sent a text toy brother one day and got a reply I had the wrong #! So I checked his # in my contacts etc and all was correct. I told him about it and he said at&t was having problems w that. He's also an android fanatic.

Not sure if that's the samething, yours just sounded like a glitch in texting. Mine and others I know seems to be only on mass/group text... like if I send a text to 10 friends who don't know each other, and any one of them respond, not only to I get a reply but the 9 others get it as well who have no idea who each other is. But then there are times like in my case above where people reply and I did, yet I got no responses back nor friends in other instances even though replies were being sent to the original sender.

Unless AT&T has a major texting issue? But that wouldn't explain why it happens sometimes and others times not. Very weird.... and annoying lol
    03-16-2012 01:02 PM
    :thumbup:

03-21-2012 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD