Help Android Market app gone missing!

aknbad23

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
All of a sudden my android market app is gone. All I did today was update the amazon app store..

Edit: nevermind. It renamed itself Play Store. I feel like an idiot.

Last edited:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
They are pushing the new market called play. Look for that icon or reboot your device. Hopefully that will work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

duncanator

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Weird. I go to the android market several times a day and it still is Market and not Google Play. Don't really care though as long as I can access the market. Also, I reboot my device daily so it's not like it hasn't had the chance to change.

Samuri65

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I accessed the Market this morning, and it updated and changed during the login process. Was pretty seamless.. Outside of the name change, I see no difference.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Weird. I go to the android market several times a day and it still is Market and not Google Play. Don't really care though as long as I can access the market. Also, I reboot my device daily so it's not like it hasn't had the chance to change.

Do you have multiple Google accounts on your phone? Mine wouldn't update and then today I thought to switch accounts inside the market. I had to agree to terms under both accounts I have and then Google Play showed up.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Im on Epic, found this thread. It does not show up under any of the above.
Market shows in Apps as installed but does not appear anyplace.
Have searched Google Playbook, Playbook, Market, nothing on phone new.

I downloaded .apk, installed, and shows under running applications but nowhere
can I click to open

Any brilliant ideas??

Angelica Han

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Note 2 and installed the market. Today it did turn into the Play Store but in the process my Facebook app is gone as well. I looked for it in the Play Store and it does show "uninstall" which means its in the phone. I couldnt find it so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but I still cant find it. How can I fix this?

Majed alassadi

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

I just got the Note 2 and installed the market. Today it did turn into the Play Store but in the process my Facebook app is gone as well. I looked for it in the Play Store and it does show "uninstall" which means its in the phone. I couldnt find it so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but I still cant find it. How can I fix this?