Hello I have a question that I am not able to find a answer too, so maybe someone here can help me.
    I went to ATT in Iowa and bought the Samsung galaxy s2 i777 phone straight out full price and than I went home and unlocked the sim card so that I can use it on the t-mobile. the phone is on os 2.3.4 and I cant get it to update to anything else through the update phone program. It tell me (communication failed, you have a update available)
    in about phone it says this

model #samsung-sgh-i777

android vers. 2.3.4

baseband vers. i777uckh7

kernel vers.

build # gingerbread.uckh7

bought and use in the U.S.A any idea on how to get the updates? THANK-YOU
    03-22-2012 07:57 AM
    There is only one official update available for the I777 (UCKK6) and trust me - you do NOT want that update. It contains major battery life regressions.

The only way to get a non-broken update is to manually install firmware that was ported from I9100 to I777. (Do NOT install I9100 firmware directly!)

I suggest spending a day or two reading through the I777 development forums on xda-developers.com

AT&T has been stuck on the broken UCKK6 update since December. I9100 received many Gingerbread updates, and within a few days I should have Android 4.0 porting to the I777 finished.
    03-22-2012 09:33 AM
    If you can't update you need to make sure that your mobile data settings match Tmobile's network. Can you use the internet without wifi?
    03-23-2012 03:31 PM
    YES i CAN USE THE INTERNET WITHOUT WIFI, sorry caps left on I rooted my phone and trying some roms now, will see what happens thanks for the help
    03-24-2012 07:01 AM