I have had my phone since January, and rooted it and put the CoZ rom on it the day I purchased it. This morning, I check my gmail, and the app keeps freezing, force closing, and when I close it, it opens back up.

I went and cleared all of the cache and data options and signed in via another gmail account and the app worked just fine. No problems. So I deleted the data and cache again and tried logging back in via my main account and once again, the app is acting up and crashing.

What can I do to fix this? There's no way to uninstall gmail from the phone so I don't know what to do!
    03-22-2012 05:06 PM
    It's a Google problem. Lots(and me) are having the same problem.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    03-22-2012 05:10 PM
    Oh really? I'm glad I found an answer!
    03-22-2012 05:29 PM
    As of Mar 22 my Gmail app is also crashing. Everything else works fine on the phone. Not rooted.
    03-22-2012 07:41 PM
    Had something similar happen on my Transformer Prime. The screen flickered a time or two. Got nervous that it was the Prime! Odd that the app had been working fine for months and now suddenly it has problems.
    03-23-2012 10:09 AM
    My Razr maxx is haveing the same issue but with the flickering strob effect... Has anyone found a fix yet?
    03-23-2012 11:28 AM
    Seems to be fixed on my device.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    03-23-2012 11:50 AM
    My Razr maxx is haveing the same issue but with the flickering strob effect... Has anyone found a fix yet?
    Google is supposed to be working on a fix.
    03-23-2012 12:16 PM
    Well looks like the fix worked for my Razr maxx. Ihad to go into my accounts and then open my main gmail account. Uncheck al lthe boxes back out then go back in and have it re Sync and that fixed it. Thank you Google.
    03-23-2012 04:40 PM
    Well looks like the fix worked for my Razr maxx. Ihad to go into my accounts and then open my main gmail account. Uncheck al lthe boxes back out then go back in and have it re Sync and that fixed it. Thank you Google.
    Where did you see to do this?
    03-23-2012 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD