I have an update available in the google play store that look very suspicious. It is called MTC and then a bunch of Russian letters. The Icon is a red @ symbol and is is from OJSC Mobile TeleSystems. I have never installed this on my phone and the description looks to be in Russian. Anyone else with an ATT Galaxy S2 seeing this? Any ideas of what it is?
    03-27-2012 08:49 AM
    Nope, not here. HTH.
    03-27-2012 09:26 AM
    I see the same one. I wouldn't "update" it (even though it shouldn't even be installed on my phone either). It annoys me because I always update everything =_=
    03-27-2012 09:53 AM
    I had the same notification on my phone last night. I just cleared the notifications and ignored it. I'm not sure what would have caused it but I'm not risking opening a link to something that could be malware.
    03-27-2012 10:39 AM
    It's actually a bug. I read about it in an article but I can't remember where. Just a goof on Sammy's part. I think that it a Russian app that has the same signature or something as Samsung's email app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Maynard likes this.
    03-27-2012 01:01 PM
    It's actually a bug. I read about it in an article but I can't remember where. Just a goof on Sammy's part. I think that it a Russian app that has the same signature or something as Samsung's email app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Here's the article. (From androidcommunity)

Google Play Store bug scares Samsung owners with Russian email app | Android Community
    Maynard likes this.
    03-27-2012 05:02 PM
    Thanks! I see today it has been removed from my update list.
    03-28-2012 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD