Screen Color Difference

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
So today, I put my friend's SII right next to mine and pulled up images on both to compare. She got hers in December and is running the older build, and I got mine a month ago and am running the latest update from Samsung/at&t.

I noticed that aside from the worse battery life, mine also has a skewed screen saturation. It's way more unnatural and quite dark (the blacks and their contrast make it almost impossible to see) and the whites are more dull. On hers (not updated), the screen color was excellent, just like how I saw on the Skyrocket and the Infuse, with more brighter colors and whiter whites. Both were set to auto brightness and then on every other brightness level to rule that out as being the cause.

So, did anyone else notice the different color change when they updated to the newest build? I would like to know, in case it is my actual phone hardware that is being the issue.

C.K400

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I got ours within 2 weeks of each other and are running same update. Our screens are just like what u said. I think it's a quality control issue. One is bright and crisp and the other is darker with a less bright screen. I'm gonna get a SIII when they come out, even though this screen issue is apparent it's still the best phone I've ever had and I had them all until I got this one.

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I got ours within 2 weeks of each other and are running same update. Our screens are just like what u said. I think it's a quality control issue. One is bright and crisp and the other is darker with a less bright screen. I'm gonna get a SIII when they come out, even though this screen issue is apparent it's still the best phone I've ever had and I had them all until I got this one.

Thanks for sharing. I was worried that might be the case, and it does sound like it. I've always heard that AMOLED screens have inconsistencies, but I never knew how much, since I've only used three phones with Super AMOLED Plus (two Infuse 4Gs and Galaxy SII). I don't know if this is something that can be addressed by customer service, since like you said, for me too aside from the skewed screen color everything else is perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv