Where can I find the best deals for the Samsung Galaxy S2 if buying on contract for AT&T? Amazon wireless has it for $39, I wonder if I can get it for free anywhere else?

Also I will be upgrading from a Samsung Captivate. Will I be happy with the S2 or should I look at spending more money and getting the Galaxy S3 or HTC One X for future proofing?
    05-05-2012 05:14 AM
    Be careful what you ask for at at&t. I had a friend go for an upgrade because he wanted my phone (GS II). They sold him a Skyrocket because at&t decided to put "GS II" in the name even though they hardly share anything. He did get it for $49, so that was cool.

I came from the Captivate and couldn't be happier. The only downside is the display on the Cappy has more pixes per inch on the display than the GS II so it takes a minute to get used too.

I'd skip the GS III- it's basically a GS 2.5 or GS IIs. You could have as much fun with the Skyrocket if you just want good specs- and they can be had pretty cheap.

As far as the future proof via One X, if you can afford it, I say go for it.
    05-05-2012 10:23 AM
    They sold him a Skyrocket because at&t decided to put "GS II" in the name even though they hardly share anything.
    Do you not know that the skyrocket IS a GSII . I think youre the lost one not at&t.
    05-05-2012 03:02 PM
    Do your homework before you spout off, man- It is named "GS II Skrocket HD"...the "GS II" part is about all they have in common. They look a slight bit like each other, too, but that's about it.

4.5" screen not 4.3
    HD 720p Super AMOLED Plus display not available on GS II
    1.5ghz Qualcomm processor not 1.2 Exynos on GS II
    4G LTE not available on GS II

Different processors and data speeds should be plenty enough for qualify them as two totally different phones that share the GS II moniker.
    05-06-2012 08:30 AM
    Do your homework before you spout off, man- It is named "GS II Skrocket HD"...the "GS II" part is about all they have in common. They look a slight bit like each other, too, but that's about it.

4.5" screen not 4.3
    HD 720p Super AMOLED Plus display not available on GS II
    1.5ghz Qualcomm processor not 1.2 Exynos on GS II
    4G LTE not available on GS II

Different processors and data speeds should be plenty enough for qualify them as two totally different phones that share the GS II moniker.
    First off you never said skyrocket hd. Second its still a gs2. The reason for the different processor is for the capability of LTE. Overclocking underclock doesnt even matter since it's completely different processors. Data speeds may vary upon location. Right about different processors but seriously ? This IS still a gs2 variant . Are you saying t-mobile gs2 isnt a "real gs2" because it has a Qualcomm chip too?

I suggest a logistic class in your future. Or a retake .
    05-06-2012 05:04 PM
    05-06-2012 05:42 PM
    You just missed it. A few weeks ago AT&T had the S2 for $9.99. That deal ended at the end of May though. I was able to take advantage of it though.

They might end up lowering the price once the S3 comes out though. If you can wait, I would.
    05-07-2012 08:58 AM
    i would wait for the SG3 looks nice. i love my sgs2 but I wish I woulda waited. or got galaxy nexus. i LOVE the nexus
    05-08-2012 12:53 PM
    $9.99 was a steal for this phone. Even $99.99 isn't bad. I've had this, the Skyrocket, and the Note and this was by far the best. I had custom roms on the SR and Note and they still weren't as buttery smooth as they were on the original GSII. I just picked this phone up again off contract for dirt heap. The ICS development support on this phone is awesome!!!

The screen is also much nicer on this phone than the SR and Note. Blacks looked very pixelated on the SR and Note.

I also think 4.3" is ideal for a phone.
    05-27-2012 09:40 PM
    I would get the skyrocket

sent via android central forums app
    05-27-2012 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD