I'm considering rooting my S2 i777 from at&t. I know the rooting process of using Odin. What I want to know is what do you all recommend I do after I rooting? Also is there a way to root and flash without advancing the flash counter built into Samsung phones? Lastly, has anyone bricked their S2 beyond repair?
    Thanks
    05-05-2012 07:48 PM
    This posting on XDA will show you how to root and how to not increment the counter if you flash a new kernel/ROM.

[GUIDE] How to Flash Custom Binaries Without Ever Incrementing the Flash Counter!!
    Fryguy128 likes this.
    05-05-2012 07:57 PM
    First thing to do after rooting is download titanium backup and freeze the tethering manager service... instant hotspot using the built in android hotspot features.
    05-08-2012 11:13 AM
    First thing to do after rooting is download titanium backup and freeze the tethering manager service... instant hotspot using the built in android hotspot features.
    Yes freeze unwanted bloatware is one of the main task. After that you can do many customizations.
    05-14-2012 10:29 AM
    Once you get through the guide posted above, you can install a bloat free rom. I recommend CM9, which is also on the xda site. Ice Cream Sandwich with no A T & T or Samsung mangling. Titanium backup should not be used to restore system stuff, details are at xda. The only thing I use Titanium Backup for is to freeze an app that I think may be "acting up." XDA users will insist that you refrain from asking questions that have been asked a million times already, so search for your answers over there...

PS. Most of the custom roms have no need to freeze a tethering manager app, it doesn't exist. But AT&T won't like it if they find out you're tethering. There are ways to avoid detection, mostly by only tethering other mobile devices.
    05-15-2012 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD