I rooted my att GS2 using Zedomax's guide and install Ultimatum ICS ROM using his guide then decided to go back to stock because of the lag on the browser and getting ready for the official ICS update from ATT, I followed his guide on unrooting the phone, it went well and I got it back to 2.3.4 but I want to update to 2.3.6 just for the sake of updating it and also my phone keeps on rebooting after I unroot it, but when I try the OTA update, it completed the download but when it try to install it stops at 37% and say "update fail". What do you guys think?
    05-08-2012 01:46 PM
    did you get rid of or freeze any of the bloatware that comes with the phone? If so, it will more than likely fail
    05-08-2012 05:10 PM
    did you get rid of or freeze any of the bloatware that comes with the phone? If so, it will more than likely fail
    Hi, I'm new to android and used to be an iphone fan, how will I know if i freeze any of the bloatware? Thanks
    05-08-2012 11:29 PM
    I tried to research something about unfreezing apps, and some post said that I can freeze/unfreeze apps using titanium backup, I tried one and it only works on the pro version and I have the free version so i think I didn't freeze anything, I can't recall that I remove any default apps but if so do you know how to get it back?

Thanks in advance
    05-08-2012 11:40 PM
    You don't want the ota 2.3.6. It has major power management issues. And if you're thinking AT&T's ice cream sandwich will be any better, good luck to you. They don't want your device to improve, they want to sell you a new one. Then they will promise you jellybean. (ever get the booger flavor Jelly Belly after waiting a long time hoping for tutti frutti? Just like an AT&T firmware package, IMHO)
    05-15-2012 02:08 PM
    You don't want the ota 2.3.6.
    Obviously he does. The whole point of the thread . Its you who doesnt want it . Im on stock by the way myself. No problems here.
    zhingket likes this.
    05-15-2012 04:52 PM
    Thanks guys for the response, I am aware of the issue on the 2.3.6, I just want to know and I don't think it's only me that's in this situation that feels like going back to stock and go with the flow and can't find the best rom that will suit our needs, I hate touchwiz icons the only reason I rooted my phone because I like the nexus experience but when i installed it I enjoyed it for a couple weeks but got tired of it and missing the folders inside the drawer also the navigation voice annoys me. I really regret on buying this phone thru at&t and being left behind by the international version. I am planning to switch phone anyway, I just want to know if there is a solution to my situation with my phone. I don't know if I did it wrong I just followed the instruction video from galaxys2root.com, but even though I will switch phone in the near future it's good to know how to solve this kind of problem, not only for me but for any android fan that is following this community.
    05-15-2012 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD