Which phone should I get?

Android1231

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I probably getting a new phone tomorrow, and I'm debating between the Galaxy S II or the HTC One X. Price does influence my decision, though slightly. Also, if I choose the Galaxy, should I get the S II or the Skyrocket.

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
If you want 4G LTE, bigger screen, more horse power (faster processor), and a few more things that the I777 doesn't have, then get the Skyrocket. If you don't care for that then, get the S II(i777). Both the S II and Skyrocket will get ICS, hopefully really soon.

As for the One X, I don't know very much about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

KeiranSolaris

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a SGSII and love it. From what I've read skyrocket is the SGSII's slower big brother. Doesn't have the exonyos processor so it's gimped a bit hardware wise. Does have LTE so if that's the big driving point then it's skyrocket or One X. One X does have a locked bootloader so if you want to be installing roms on it then you're probably better off with the SGSII.

psufan32

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the SGII, and my wife picked up the One X yesterday. Both are great phones, as far as I can tell. Imo, TouchWiz is a little nicer and more customizable than Sense. For example, when she goes into the apps folder, she can't re-arrange or toss unused apps/bloatware into a folder to stash away. Sense is just all around heavier than TouchWiz. But, the phone is wonderful. Great screen, it's slightly bigger than the SII, but it's not noticeable when holding it.

Reactions: j510

beryleo

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I would go for the HTC one x. At this time, the skyrocket and the ATT gs ii have very little developer support, which means no custom roms. Seeing as you are posting on androidcentral, I am assuming this is at least somewhat important to you.

In addition, the one x is faster, has a better screen, and has better build quality. The only points that the gsii has in its favor is the full size sim card slot and SD card slot. The one x will cost more, but you will probably be stuck with whatever phone you choose for roughly two years, so paying 100 more for a better experience is probably worth it.

mgd76

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I would go for the HTC one x. At this time, the skyrocket and the ATT gs ii have very little developer support, which means no custom roms. Seeing as you are posting on androidcentral, I am assuming this is at least somewhat important to you.

The skyrocket has LTE data speed, but the regular AT&T Galaxy S II (SGH-i777) is otherwise a superior device. And dev support is GREAT, see link below, plenty of custom roms there. I have Android 4.0.4 (CM9) on mine... Re. HTC One X, flashy, good device, but NO removable storage, so not for me.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1301

Last edited:

Jonna09

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I own an SGS2, but I would still recommend going for the OneX. Not that SGS2 isn't awesome, it is, but its time is almost over.

With S3 in the horizon, and so much emphasis on ICS, the S2 just isn't the wisest technology decision. Besides, the OneX really is incredible from everything I have read and honestly for once I love HTCs' design. Also they have made huge improvements in Sense and it doesn't feel as intrusive as it used to be.

Otherwise......wait for the S3 really. You cannot go wrong with that one :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid