APP2SD issues

blb1980

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had this phone since about Feb of this year and here probably the past couple months it's been restarting randomly on its own every so often. I linked the restarts happening after I would move apps to the Sd using an app called app2sd.It didn't do this though when I first got the phone so I can't see why it's doing it now but anyway I got this info from reading another forum where someone else was complaining of the same issue and stating that after they removed app2sd application the problem was resolved. Removed app. I put another app to SD app on the phone and everything seemed to be ok but last week, I moved some apps and shortly after doing so my phone started doing the whole rebooting back to back. It would not stop. As soon as it loaded up, it would reboot again. I consulted Samsung and we tried the power, volume up down thing to reboot that way and it did not help so their only other suggestion was a factory reset which I reluctantly did. They said it could have been a glitch in the software update? We also tried the sd card in another random phone (it was not another galaxy s2) and it did not reboot. Ever since the factory reset the phone has been working fine. I've even been able to send pics over WiFi which I wasn't able to before. I had to manually turn it off before a pic would go through. Anyway I'm nervous to even put apps on the card or install an app to SD application. I'm not sure what was really causing the back to back non stop restart. Other than checking each indiviudal app in the application settings, is there any other way to know what apps can be moved to the sd card? What app2sd app suitable for this phone?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
This is very interesting after having that issue before with OG Evo's. It could have been apps2 SD the whole time....

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

blb1980

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I have no put any apps on the SD card yet since the factory reset. Do you know of any app programs to download that would be good or even if that's the probelm or is something else the probelm?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have no put any apps on the SD card yet since the factory reset. Do you know of any app programs to download that would be good or even if that's the probelm or is something else the probelm?

The issue some people were saying was that putting to many apps onto the sd card was actually causing instant reboots on the Evo4GLTE phones.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki