Ice Cream Sandwich has...

eagle328

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I really hate Samsung customer service. I got the device not supported garbage and called them for help. They said the update is not out. They are full of it as always. I came here and read a little and thanks to all here now have ICS running. I had to go the download route but it went smooth about 10 minutes in all. And I thought that Motorola's MSU program was a little hard at times for some. I now know that there MSU is much better than Kies is. Thanks for everyone's help here. I mod over at Motorola's support forums and should have known to go straight here to where real people know there phones.;)

PeterY125

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I got the update to work through Kies today with some trouble. When I tried the update on my home desktop, it would proceed to the point of putting the phone in "download mode" (phone screen displaying Downloading..). The phone would not reconnect to my PC and I got Notice F from Kies. I got the phone out of download mode by pressing both volume buttons and power (read that on XDA). No update to the phone had been done. After a couple attempts with the same result, I tried again on my workload laptop. Then the upgrade worked fine. Both are Windows 7.

Played with ICS a little bit, seems to work fine. Not too much seems to have changed, I guess that is partly TouchWiz.

Badgun

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
so I finally did the emergency recovery and got ice cream sandwich installed on my phone, but right now there is a progress bar on a black screen and it sayss Installing applications. But the bar is not filling at all so I don't know if I still have a problem or this is just the normal update process.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Hows the battery life? This will make or break me updating.

Not great compared to my UnNamed GB ROM I had before going completely bone stock ICS with this update when it first got leaked.

You know the only thing I enjoy about ICS on this phone? Fixes that stupid garbage with MMS pictures coming in as a low quality slideshow. That's about it and I've seriously had the new software for what? 4-5 days now? No worries. SGSIII soon.

Reactions: TechFitGJ

TechFitGJ

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Not great compared to my UnNamed GB ROM I had before going completely bone stock ICS with this update when it first got leaked.

You know the only thing I enjoy about ICS on this phone? Fixes that stupid garbage with MMS pictures coming in as a low quality slideshow. That's about it and I've seriously had the new software for what? 4-5 days now? No worries. SGSIII soon.

Thanks man! I'm going to stick with ShoSTOCK2 ICS ROM. The only reason i want to switch is for Swype. ShoSTOCK2 is amazing.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks man! I'm going to stick with ShoSTOCK2 ICS ROM. The only reason i want to switch is for Swype. ShoSTOCK2 is amazing.

No problem, brother. I even have OSMonitor to kill the supposed "Email and Calendar Sync Bug" task that was causing a high AOS battery %. Still only 11 hours on a single charge(I'm talking 1% battery left and down to the wire for 11 hours) and that's with minimal use. Barely any texting, 15-20 minutes on the phone tops in a perfect service area.

Stick with your ROM.

Screenshot_2012-06-24-18-44-24.png

Last edited:

illini422

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The update process seemed to go smoothly for me, but now when it starts up it won't accept my password at the unlock screen.....

Should I be prompted to unlock with my Google account after a certain number of failed attempts? That's doesn't seem to be happening.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The update process seemed to go smoothly for me, but now when it starts up it won't accept my password at the unlock screen.....

Should I be prompted to unlock with my Google account after a certain number of failed attempts? That's doesn't seem to be happening.

You didnt do a data wipe before installing did you?

Sent From A Rotary Phone

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
No problem, brother. I even have OSMonitor to kill the supposed "Email and Calendar Sync Bug" task that was causing a high AOS battery %. Still only 11 hours on a single charge(I'm talking 1% battery left and down to the wire for 11 hours) and that's with minimal use. Barely any texting, 15-20 minutes on the phone tops in a perfect service area.

Stick with your ROM.

Click to view quoted image

Ewww... Glad I went with AOKP. Over 10 hours since I pulled the phone off the charger and it's at 66%

birvini

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I just went through the update and it appeared to be fairly painless. All of my apps, pictures, files and contacts came through unscathed. I can tell a big difference in speed going from page to page so far. No lag and very smooth. I'll give an update in a few days on battery life with WI-FI always on.

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it was better battery life on 2.3.4
I feel the same battery life as in 2.3.6

I do not have ICS yet but a co-worker installed it yesterday and he has been playing with his phone A LOT, and at one point even had the screen brightness at 100% for 3 hours, and as of this morning after more than 19 hours he was finally down to 1% battery life left. I certainly get nowhere near that on 2.3.6. He said he can tell a definite improvement in the battery.

I am hoping to get ICS installed tonight if for nothing else to fix the wifi issue.

NEDNERBISH

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is wayyyyy better. Its one un the afternoon and i only used the little nub on the battery icon. It usually be 1/4 gone by now

sent from my totally tubular Samsung galaxy s2 sgh-I777

dimman

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, just did my phone & no problems. Hard part was figuring out I had to add Kies software to my PC. After that, less then 10 min. & I got Ice Cream!:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae