Ice Cream Sandwich has...

latz333

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is about the same but ICS has only been installed since last night. I will see what happens after a few days and the build stabilizes.

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any significant difference in battery life, but, then, I use Juice Defender to shut off the wifi when the screen is off just as I did with Gingerbread so I had good battery life before and still do.

The phone is smoother and faster overall so I have no real complaints.

I will disable JD and see if the battery drops like a rock as it did prior just for grins, but, as the work around is simple, I will not complain if it does

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any significant difference in battery life, but, then, I use Juice Defender to shut off the wifi when the screen is off just as I did with Gingerbread so I had good battery life before and still do.

The phone is smoother and faster overall so I have no real complaints.

I will disable JD and see if the battery drops like a rock as it did prior just for grins, but, as the work around is simple, I will not complain if it does

Okay, I turned JD off for two hours which is not long enuf for a valid test, but...

Battery dropped 4% with no use (2% per hour). Checking emails, etc. all turned off. My experience with JD in use seems to be about 1.5% drop per hour, or a bit less, under no use conditions.

Under 2.3.6, without JD in affect, it would go down a lot more when idling.

As I stated, this is not long enuf to be a truly valid test, but, it seems an improvement to me.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Basic conclusion for me is for some reason, with my Netgear router, when WiFi is on, even with no use it drains the ever living piss out of my battery. Talking like 4-5% per hour of no use whatsoever. Same scenario, but no WiFi, just regular faux 4G H+ and only 1% drain an hour.

Ruffian998

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has been pretty good for me. Took it off the charger at 8pm Sunday night and just now put it on the charger this morning at 8. After 36hrs I had 30% of battery life left. I'm on wifi 99% of the time and at my work they had ATT run the signal boosters thru out the building so I have a strong signal all day at work.

Ruffian998

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm just using TW. I have fancy widgets installed and it updates the weather every hour. Gmail just refreshes when I open it up or refresh it manually. Now those 36 hrs was very light use for me, I had about 2.5 hrs of screen time. But during that screen time I was playing a mixture angry birds space, words with friends, scramble with friends and drawing with friends for about 75% of that screen time.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm just using TW. I have fancy widgets installed and it updates the weather every hour. Gmail just refreshes when I open it up or refresh it manually. Now those 36 hrs was very light use for me, I had about 2.5 hrs of screen time. But during that screen time I was playing a mixture angry birds space, words with friends, scramble with friends and drawing with friends for about 75% of that screen time.

Ic. I currently have all of my setup the same as when I was still on 2.3.6. But my phone barely last 5 hours before I need to start charging again. Not to mention the overheating and the random app crashes every hour or so. But I guess that is the cost of getting ICS....lol

cmyers35474

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to the android world and I have a technical question for y'all .... I have a Samsung galaxy s2 that was rooted when I bought it. They said it was running ice cream sandwich. I just received this text:

AT&T Free Msg: Samsung Galaxy S II upgrade to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is now available! The OS update supports enhanced performance, user interface and other device improvements. Open the link from your PC (not your phone), and follow the instructions: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Fus%2Fattgalaxys2%2Fupdate%2F&token=wGLSf1on.

Should I do the update? And how do I tell what version I am running now? I do know that when the phone boots up, there is a screen that says SHOshock2 or something like that. Any help would be appreciated, since I am a noob to this. I must say though, I do prefer this phone waaaaayyyyyyy more than the iPhone 4 that I swapped from.
Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I installed ICS last night and I am getting very different results on my battery life compared to my co-worker. He's at 23+ hours right now and still has 47% left on his battery. I am at 11+ hours and I only have 28% left on my battery. We both have Juice Defender set up exactly the same. I do have my wifi and bluetooth on (which he does not) and I am not connected to wifi and have not been for over 6 hours.

So far I am not loving the battery life for me and I wish I had the battery life my co-worker is getting with his phone. But this is my first day with it so I am hoping to get better results after fully draining the battery and recharging. My co-worker received 20 hours yesterday before his battery depleted and he is getting much better results on his second day.

nbell978

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ic. I currently have all of my setup the same as when I was still on 2.3.6. But my phone barely last 5 hours before I need to start charging again. Not to mention the overheating and the random app crashes every hour or so. But I guess that is the cost of getting ICS....lol

That's not the cost of ICS. A factory reset will likely fix all of those problems. Sometimes updates make things screwy if you don't, although sometimes for others it will work fine.

tino1973

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
it took me about two 2 hours and finally did what you said here thanks
From xda. I followed this to a T and after about 20 mins I was all set. Works flawlessly. :cool::cool::cool:
------------
------------
Well, first, before I realised I could do it, I downloaded the newest version of Kies because I got all kinds of errors when i did a kies software update from the older version. I had to uninstall it from my computer and install the newest one. I got it from here:
Transfer, Sync & Manage Music, Movies, Photos, Contacts and Calendars with Kies

btw, I did all of this with the phone completely stock - restored to unrooted KH7, then did OTA KK6 upgrade. NOt sure if it would matter since you will start in download mode anyway.

after completely finishing installing kies (and it took a while) i shut it down and then made sure the computer detected the phone in different modes (usb debugging on And off, and in download mode.) it will install the drivers when you connect it in each mode.

now, WITHOUT the phone connected, start the new Kies and went to the tools menu. Chose Firmware Upgrade and Initialization. It asked for the serial number and model number that I got from the sticker under the battery. Now, put the phone in download mode (either with a jig, or holding vol. up + vol down and inserting usb cable).

After you enter the serial number and model number it should say that the latest recovery version is the LE5 (the new firmware). Now, just leave the phone connected and keep clicking through with OK. It should download the firmware, and when it is finished downloading you will see the green bar moving across the phone when it is installing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX