The problems

Bloatware
    AT&T navigation
    MyAT&T
    ect...
    Status bar
    WTH, AT&T stuck at the top......
    Web browser
    glued AT&T links that can't be deleted....
    No NFC
    Poor battery life vs. 2.3.6
    Poor 4G service compared to 2.3.6
    No default ICS launcher

I want to roll back to 2.3.4 or 2.3.6
    06-28-2012 06:28 PM
    Overall I love it, my battery life on gb was max 9hours but now I'm getting max 26 hours and I'm on stock, not even rooted :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using Android Central Forums
    06-28-2012 06:31 PM
    Not a fan of the at&t ics.

The problems

Bloatware
    AT&T navigation
    MyAT&T
    ect...
    Status bar
    WTH, AT&T stuck at the top......
    Web browser
    glued AT&T links that can't be deleted....
    No NFC
    Poor battery life vs. 2.3.6
    Poor 4G service compared to 2.3.6
    No default ICS launcher

I want to roll back to 2.3.4 or 2.3.6
    Root and run custom rom.

Sent from my TASKed aokp I777 (4.0.4 ics)
    06-28-2012 06:57 PM
    So it went from H+ to 4g in the notification bar hmm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    06-29-2012 02:49 PM
    Upgraded to ICS and now after scrolling 1/3 through my contacts it locks up. Help!
    06-29-2012 03:08 PM
    It's been laggy for me. WiFi doesn't connect waking the phone up. Have to turn WiFi off and then back on in order to get it to work. Have also had to do two battery pulls because my phone wouldn't wake up (pressed power button to use it as normal and nothing happened).

Pretty poor experience thus far. Which is shame, because I like the update.
    06-29-2012 06:27 PM
    Flawless for me. Love it!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    06-30-2012 12:38 PM
    I am back to 2.3.4 without issues and much happer with the phone. I miss a few of the 4.0.3 features such as disabling apps and chrome.
    06-30-2012 08:13 PM
    It's really strange how results vary.

When we started with 2.3.4, some complained about poor battery performance and some thought it was good.

Then we had 2.3.6 and the bottom dropped out for most of us unless we used something like Juice Defender to control wi-fi.

Now for ICS, some of us are having good luck and good battery life with it and others are saying it is worse than 2.3.6 and wanting to go back to that version

I started off with Juice Defender on ICS, but turned it off and the battery life is still good. I would say it is comparable to 2.3.4 but performance is smoother and quicker. The Quadrant Benchmark seems to show that as well on my phone.

Initially, I had some problems with the phone rebooting on me as well as a few cases of a power down (had that on 2.3.6 as well-the power down part)

I tried clearing the cache with no success. Then I moved my apps off the SD card and I have not had a problem since-knock on wood.

One thing that I have noticed that there may be more, or different programs that consistently have a problem with memory leak and if I don't kill them when I exit, the phone heats up in a hurry/

I wonder what would happen to those with ongoing problems if they did a wipe and loaded ICS on a clean system? Something is definitely going on as it seems about half are having problems and half are not. That makes it hard to say with a 100% certainty that it is the ATT ICS by itself, I would think?
    robcassman likes this.
    06-30-2012 10:02 PM
    I've tried it along with AOKP and CM9. I just can't adjust to it. Touch accuracy is the ONLY issue I have with CM9 and AOKP was a little too buggy for me. The official release via AT&T I won't even touch at this point.

I'm back to UnNamed which is based on 2.3.4 as it runs oh so smooth and has ZERO issues. But I'm always on the lookout for an ICS option that I could stick with.
    07-01-2012 01:59 AM
    I've tried it along with AOKP and CM9. I just can't adjust to it. Touch accuracy is the ONLY issue I have with CM9 and AOKP was a little too buggy for me. The official release via AT&T I won't even touch at this point.

I'm back to UnNamed which is based on 2.3.4 as it runs oh so smooth and has ZERO issues. But I'm always on the lookout for an ICS option that I could stick with.
    Try TASK & ktoonsez aokp... I have been running his for two months now and never looked back.

Sent from my TASKed aokp I777 (4.0.4 ics)
    07-01-2012 07:25 AM
    I'm loving ICS on my phone. I really liked 2.3.4 & hated 2.3.6. My battery life plummeted on 2.3.6. I couldn't keep wifi on as it would drain my battery quickly. Now with ICS I keep it on all the time & my battery life is phenomenal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums
    07-01-2012 09:03 AM
    I'm loving ICS on my phone. I really liked 2.3.4 & hated 2.3.6. My battery life plummeted on 2.3.6. I couldn't keep wifi on as it would drain my battery quickly. Now with ICS I keep it on all the time & my battery life is phenomenal.

Are you running any launcher? It appears that everyone that is getting good battery life stuck with TW. I felt that when i put on Go Launcher, it drained my phone like there was no tomorrow. I switched to Nova launcher and it seems to improve a bit.
    07-01-2012 09:31 AM
    Are you running any launcher? It appears that everyone that is getting good battery life stuck with TW. I felt that when i put on Go Launcher, it drained my phone like there was no tomorrow. I switched to Nova launcher and it seems to improve a bit.
    No I'm using TW. I know a lot of people hate it but I like it.

07-01-2012 09:50 AM
    I would not mind a straight ICS launcher, but, I don't mind TW at all. I don't know how much it slows the phone down, but, the phone is not laggy in the least as far as I can notice. Seems faster on the screens than 2.3.6 to me. Here is a quadrant from last night for whatever it means. Phone had been off the charger for 15 hours but not heavily used.

I don't have 3G out here in the boondocks so all my surfing is via wi-fi
    07-01-2012 10:42 AM
    Seems fine, its not a phone I use. Just noticed my wife had 400MB left of her 16GB and was about to go critical. So cleaned off her vids and photo's backed up and upgraded as a matter of course. Thankfully it looks and works petty much the same(Or I would hear an earful). I didn't notice any speed increase...but frankly the phone was as fast as when it was new. I'll be keeping an eye on the battery life, even though it has a 3200ma.
    07-01-2012 03:06 PM
    I love ICS when it works. My text notifications flat out don't work.
    The fiancee just LOVES when she texts me and I don't see it for hours because I don't know my phone got anything.

Battery life has gone down by at least 1/3rd.
    Want to roll back to 2.3.4 or CFW but I can't find a guide that makes sense/will work on the ATT ICS.
    07-01-2012 07:02 PM
    I would wipe the phone and reload ics....my phone works on everything and battery life is as good as it ever was
    07-01-2012 09:07 PM
    My experiences: Battery charging seems to take forever. Several text messages were sent to me and I never got any notification. I have both a desktop dock and a car dock, and neither Samsung Desk Home nor Samsung Car Home are compatible with the SII running ICS.
    Other than that, it seems to be a flashy update, at best. Give me a few weeks, and maybe my attitude may change!
    07-01-2012 09:42 PM
    1. I'm happy that the vibration icon is gone from the bar. That thing's existence annoyed me more than it should have.

B. AT&T/Samsung took so long to roll out ICS that most of the nifty features I've been looking for in the past few days were actually from the Jellybean song & dance at I/O.

How long before the GSII masses begin to clamor for 4.1?
    07-02-2012 12:22 AM
    1. I'm happy that the vibration icon is gone from the bar. That thing's existence annoyed me more than it should have.

B. AT&T/Samsung took so long to roll out ICS that most of the nifty features I've been looking for in the past few days were actually from the Jellybean song & dance at I/O.

How long before the GSII masses begin to clamor for 4.1?
    Gs2 is a nice phone but I'm only buying a nexus if I get another android phone. Then I'll not have to wait 7 months for updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    07-02-2012 07:12 AM
    Against my better judgement I upgraded last Friday. I had a couple of minor issues during the upgrade process, but nothing too bad.

Since the upgrade I've noticed that switching between home screens is laggy on TW and a little better using Apex. I've had applications crashing that didn't crash before and my text notification on the Messaging App icon no longer functions. The home screen laggyness is a little inconsistent. Sometimes its better, sometimes its worse. But it is annoying.

Another problem I've had is with speed dialers. Sometimes, instead of holding down the speed dial number and waiting I used to just press the number and then press the green phone icon. Now when I do that I get a USSD code running message. Not a major deal, but weird.

I'm not sure about battery life yet. I'm going to have to use it some more.

All in all the problems I've had since upgrading make me want to look into flashing a custom rom, unless AT&T has an update to the update coming soon. Ha, ha.
    07-02-2012 01:05 PM
    My biggest complaint about battery life is that if I restart the phone, it mysteriously loses about 40% of the remaining life - I was at 60% or so, restarted due to Swype not showing corrections (which it started doing after the ICS update) - as soon as the phone came back on, it was at 19% battery! There is NO reason a battery should mysteriously drop 40% from a restart.

I'm not sure if I want to just buy an extended battery or root and use a custom ROM, since this one seems to still be screwing things up, sadly.
    07-03-2012 01:42 PM
    I noticed the opposite, after ICS, my phone no longer showed a big battery drop if shut down and rebooted. It always did this on 2.3.4 and .6

I continue to be happy with the update-go figure
    07-03-2012 05:47 PM
    Well, I guess I'll throw in my $.02. No root, no custom mods, just 2.3.4 to the official AT&T version of ICS.
    1. Battery life seems about the same just using the eyeball test.
    2. No unusual battery drain or drops after restart.
    3. Seems to boot up faster.
    4. Don't use TW but am very much loving Apex launcher.
    5. Seems very smooth, but honestly it seemed smooth to me on 2.3.4.
    6. Had a few bugs with my notification sounds, but tweaked the default sound a few times, messed with Handcent sound, fiddled around, and now it works fine.
    7. Don't like the AT&T logo at the top.
    8. DO like having Chrome and the way I can access my laptop bookmarks from my GSII.
    9. Tried Flipboard and am shocked...SHOCKED...that it doesn't allow landscape mode. Pretty much renders it useless to me.
    10. I like the added functionality on the dock, but that may be just from using Apex and not TW.

What am I missing? Is there something more I should be looking for?
    07-04-2012 08:07 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD