Ice cream sandwich. How u like?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Seems fine, its not a phone I use. Just noticed my wife had 400MB left of her 16GB and was about to go critical. So cleaned off her vids and photo's backed up and upgraded as a matter of course. Thankfully it looks and works petty much the same(Or I would hear an earful;)). I didn't notice any speed increase...but frankly the phone was as fast as when it was new. I'll be keeping an eye on the battery life, even though it has a 3200ma.

Raien

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I love ICS when it works. My text notifications flat out don't work.
The fiancee just LOVES when she texts me and I don't see it for hours because I don't know my phone got anything.

Battery life has gone down by at least 1/3rd.
Want to roll back to 2.3.4 or CFW but I can't find a guide that makes sense/will work on the ATT ICS.

wdadli1

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
My experiences: Battery charging seems to take forever. Several text messages were sent to me and I never got any notification. I have both a desktop dock and a car dock, and neither Samsung Desk Home nor Samsung Car Home are compatible with the SII running ICS.
Other than that, it seems to be a flashy update, at best. Give me a few weeks, and maybe my attitude may change! :-\

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
1. I'm happy that the vibration icon is gone from the bar. That thing's existence annoyed me more than it should have.

B. AT&T/Samsung took so long to roll out ICS that most of the nifty features I've been looking for in the past few days were actually from the Jellybean song & dance at I/O.

How long before the GSII masses begin to clamor for 4.1?

bxborn31

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
1. I'm happy that the vibration icon is gone from the bar. That thing's existence annoyed me more than it should have.

B. AT&T/Samsung took so long to roll out ICS that most of the nifty features I've been looking for in the past few days were actually from the Jellybean song & dance at I/O.

How long before the GSII masses begin to clamor for 4.1?

Gs2 is a nice phone but I'm only buying a nexus if I get another android phone. Then I'll not have to wait 7 months for updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

lumens

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Against my better judgement I upgraded last Friday. I had a couple of minor issues during the upgrade process, but nothing too bad.

Since the upgrade I've noticed that switching between home screens is laggy on TW and a little better using Apex. I've had applications crashing that didn't crash before and my text notification on the Messaging App icon no longer functions. The home screen laggyness is a little inconsistent. Sometimes its better, sometimes its worse. But it is annoying.

Another problem I've had is with speed dialers. Sometimes, instead of holding down the speed dial number and waiting I used to just press the number and then press the green phone icon. Now when I do that I get a USSD code running message. Not a major deal, but weird.

I'm not sure about battery life yet. I'm going to have to use it some more.

All in all the problems I've had since upgrading make me want to look into flashing a custom rom, unless AT&T has an update to the update coming soon. Ha, ha.

Kiel

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My biggest complaint about battery life is that if I restart the phone, it mysteriously loses about 40% of the remaining life - I was at 60% or so, restarted due to Swype not showing corrections (which it started doing after the ICS update) - as soon as the phone came back on, it was at 19% battery! There is NO reason a battery should mysteriously drop 40% from a restart.

I'm not sure if I want to just buy an extended battery or root and use a custom ROM, since this one seems to still be screwing things up, sadly.

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the opposite, after ICS, my phone no longer showed a big battery drop if shut down and rebooted. It always did this on 2.3.4 and .6

I continue to be happy with the update-go figure :)

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, I guess I'll throw in my $.02. No root, no custom mods, just 2.3.4 to the official AT&T version of ICS.
  1. Battery life seems about the same just using the eyeball test.
  2. No unusual battery drain or drops after restart.
  3. Seems to boot up faster.
  4. Don't use TW but am very much loving Apex launcher.
  5. Seems very smooth, but honestly it seemed smooth to me on 2.3.4.
  6. Had a few bugs with my notification sounds, but tweaked the default sound a few times, messed with Handcent sound, fiddled around, and now it works fine.
  7. Don't like the AT&T logo at the top.
  8. DO like having Chrome and the way I can access my laptop bookmarks from my GSII.
  9. Tried Flipboard and am shocked...SHOCKED...that it doesn't allow landscape mode. Pretty much renders it useless to me.
  10. I like the added functionality on the dock, but that may be just from using Apex and not TW.
What am I missing? Is there something more I should be looking for?

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My biggest complaint about battery life is that if I restart the phone, it mysteriously loses about 40% of the remaining life - I was at 60% or so, restarted due to Swype not showing corrections (which it started doing after the ICS update) - as soon as the phone came back on, it was at 19% battery! There is NO reason a battery should mysteriously drop 40% from a restart.

I'm not sure if I want to just buy an extended battery or root and use a custom ROM, since this one seems to still be screwing things up, sadly.

I have had the EXACT thing happen to me.

I should have never upgraded to ICS. The battery doesn't make it even ten hours with mild use, it drops mysteriously (see above), and it very slow and choppy upon waking it. I had less problems with GB!

Reactions: Kiel

rich.x87

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have had the EXACT thing happen to me.

I should have never upgraded to ICS. The battery doesn't make it even ten hours with mild use, it drops mysteriously (see above), and it very slow and choppy upon waking it. I had less problems with GB!

Have you considered rooting?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Did you tried to restore any information that was on your phone prior to the update (like sms, etc). I factory restored my phone 2-3 times. It appears that each time when I try to restore my sms from one of the backup files i made, my phone started to have all sorts of battery issues, losing half my battery life on each reboot, etc.

TxAndroidGuy

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
CONS:
*I also have the same battery percentage drop problem. I had the same problem in Gingerbread though. And this problem happens at random at any time too. Suddenly the phone will not respond and I can not lock the screen, buttons won't respond, etc and will either restart on it's own or I have to hold down the power button until it hard restarts. My wifes phone(same model/update) has this issue as well with different apps and stock launcher. I downloaded ICS by entering my phone model/SN before the release date and updated my wifes phone a few days later the normal way.

*Battery life is about the same, sometimes worse - I am trying to track it down with Better Battery States, CPU Spy, etc to see if I can find out why it drains so fast(usually 35 to 40% at 6PM, off charger at 7:30 AM). I found that the Fox News app was constantly staying on in ICS but acted normal in GB so I deleted it.

*Slow to open apps/screens. Not all the time but sometimes it will become unresponsive and take a few seconds before it does anything. Locking the screen and waiting a few seconds will help.

PROS:
*USB Support for small devices!! I could plug in a thumb drive and mouse before but now I can plug in an external SD card reader(and SD card from DSLR) to view, edit, send files while out on a photo shoot! This feature alone is worth dealing with the hassles above! (And fun to show off in front of friends with iPhones too...)

*Task manager swipe feature is convenient!

Overall, I like it!

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I dumped, touchwiz and bloatware, the same day I got my phone. I installed AOKP based on ITS. The phone runs the way it should. Fast, and battery friendly and customizable any way you want.. With light usage, I use about 30 percent in about 15 hours.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

TxAndroidGuy

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi cwhedger,

I bought a female usb to micro usb adapter off Amazon similar to this one, plugged it in, and opened up Quick Pic(i use this over the stock gallery) and was able to see all of the pictures from an SD card that I had plugged into a SD card reader and this adapter. This is an EXTREMELY helpful feature to me.

Malgus

Banned
Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
To many bugs text notifications dont work freezes browser and the samsung keyboard goes into airplane mode by itself

Sent from the Darkside of the Force

Nevets68

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
So far I like the ICS upgrade. However i'm p.o'd that i can't re-size the default samsung app - the one that has the gps/bluetooth/wifi ,etc...toggle.

Reactions: j510

illini422

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
It's not free, but give HD Widgets a look. You can add whichever switches you want to either a 4x1 bar or individually in 1x1 widgets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance