07-15-2012 05:54 PM
61 123
tools
    Just got the upgrade today and am loving it!! Sooo smooth. I'm glad I held off and didn't root. Insurance and warranty mean alot to me since I lose and break Im so excited i might actually turn my ps3 off. Naaa

sent from my totally tubular Samsung galaxy s2 sgh-I777
    06-24-2012 08:58 PM
    Pretty stoked to finally get it. Glad to see you're happy, my friend.
    06-24-2012 09:01 PM
    So far I'm no too impressed with it. For some reason now the phone won't sync contacts with my Motorola Roadster.

Secondly the samsung power widget is huge and there's no way to re size it. Plus you can't drop a icon on another to create a folder?

Also it seems that charging is taking for ever.

Color me unimpressed so far.
    bxborn31 likes this.
    06-24-2012 09:38 PM
    Tested the official ICS release. Didn't like it

Decided to root and flash AOKP. Love it to death

I'm not able to walk away from the purity of ICS because it's amazing...

I'm done with touchwiz and all of the bloatware. Except for the myAT&T app
    bxborn31 likes this.
    06-24-2012 09:51 PM

Did you downgrade back to 2.3.4?
    If so, how did you did it?
    06-24-2012 10:58 PM
    My phone seems to be extra warm when I charge it. And like another person said, charging takes forever. One thing that totally annoys me is the Roboto font. I changed the font in the setting to something I downloaded, but I always see this Roboto here and there. My keyboard, all my browsers, some parts of my Go Launcher theme. Any ideas how to fix that?
    06-24-2012 11:01 PM

I am with you! I love having angry pink unicorns on my phone!

. Lol!
    06-24-2012 11:47 PM
    I hate the at&t branding on the notification bar.it's stupid and annoying. Does anyone know how to get it off...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums
    dingbat005 and iSlackerz like this.
    06-25-2012 08:20 AM
    I don't know if this is a part of the normal ICS or something Samsung has done. The icons in the notification bar are a lot larger then they where on GB and they are also all white now for incoming notifications. The normal signal strength, battery icons are the same colors as GB but also larger. Is there anyway to change this?
    06-25-2012 09:54 AM
    Diggin it so far. I had ICS on my previous SG2 that I rooted and "lost", had insurance and replaced the brick. Very smooth so far however the face lock is unreliable and doesn't always work or show up. Only shows the wipe option.

06-25-2012 11:15 AM
    Did you downgrade back to 2.3.4?
    If so, how did you did it?
    No, I didn't downgrade. Still running ICS...for now.
    06-25-2012 11:26 AM
    I done use the touchwhiz i use adw launcher ex and you can customize everything. You can download it free on applanet

06-25-2012 11:41 AM
    I can't update my phone. I plug it in and it tells me to update and it does all its stuff and than my phone disconnects! My phone says downloading. And I let it go for over and hour and nothing! I'm going to try it on my work pc tomorrow. My old mac book provides is not working!

06-25-2012 03:05 PM
    Please pm me with details and how to fix

06-25-2012 03:06 PM
    I have no real complaints with the new ICS I'm using the apex launcher and everything is nice and smooth. Over the course of the last couple of days I've noticed a very nice improvement in battery life so I will stay where I'm at with ICS official release for now.
    06-25-2012 05:18 PM
    Downloaded last night. Disappointed to see it basically reset all screens, and add back all the bloatware. I had to spend 30 minutes this morning deleting what bloatware that I could and re-configuring all of my icons.

Pros: For the most part, I'm enjoying the new look of most apps. Whether it is because it is simply something new or not, I don't know.

Cons: Battery drained over the course of the day with little use. Easily made it through the day with 2.3.6. Doesn't look like that'll happen with ICS, which is disappointing.
    06-25-2012 10:09 PM
    Flashing ROMs always causes a lot of battery drain, as does the system configuring itself over the next couple of days. Wait several days, maybe even a week if you have the patience, and you will probably see a noticeable improvement in battery life.
    06-27-2012 10:03 PM
    Anyone figure out how to get their text notifications to work? My sound files won't play when I receive messages, so i'm constantly checking and therefore draining my battery..
    06-28-2012 10:08 AM
    Use go SMS. Then you can use your own sounds. I still use my regular SMS but I have go installed and it allows me to usr y downloaded sounds from zedge

06-28-2012 12:38 PM
    Use go SMS. Then you can use your own sounds. I still use my regular SMS but I have go installed and it allows me to usr y downloaded sounds from zedge

Well, I have custom sounds on my SD card; but the notifications just don't play.
    I shouldn't NEED an app to make things work.
    06-28-2012 01:29 PM
    I know so do I bit its the only way I can get to use them

06-28-2012 01:53 PM
    I know so do I bit its the only way I can get to use them

That app didn't even fix the sound issue. I'm just going to exchange my GS2 at a local store and not upgrade to ICS no matter how much I like it.
    Forget AT&T, cannot wait to get rid of them.
    06-28-2012 02:07 PM
    I love ice cream... Been running it for 2 months.
    Task aokp ics is so fast and smooth.. I hope for the stock code folks its just as good as the ics roms.

Sent from my TASKed aokp I777 (4.0.4 ics)
    06-28-2012 05:19 PM
    I have been enjoying it greatly, took me a little while to get used to the updated interface, but I have no problems at all, text notifications work fine, syncs fine and I have not noticed any lag. Battery life is about the same as 2.3.6 for now, but as cmerlyn noted, it takes awhile to let the system settle in and adjust itself.
    06-28-2012 05:42 PM
    I have been enjoying it greatly, took me a little while to get used to the updated interface, but I have no problems at all, text notifications work fine, syncs fine and I have not noticed any lag. Battery life is about the same as 2.3.6 for now, but as cmerlyn noted, it takes awhile to let the system settle in and adjust itself.
    3 full battery charges should get the battery gage calibrated to see.

Sent from my TASKed aokp I777 (4.0.4 ics)
    06-28-2012 05:50 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD