GS3 ICS 5 icons GS2 ICS 4 icons??

bxborn31

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
so i was looking at the screen shots of the at&t gs3 and it holds 4 apps and the applications icon on the bottom of the screen. the gs2 only holds 3 apps and the applications icon on the bottom of the screen. why is that?

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Screen size. Bigger the screen, the more real estate for icons there will be. If you want more icons on the dock and/or the home screens, I can suggest using a third party launcher like Nova Launcher for example.

Reactions: j510 and bxborn31

gxgs

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Screen size. Bigger the screen, the more real estate for icons there will be. If you want more icons on the dock and/or the home screens, I can suggest using a third party launcher like Nova Launcher for example.

Screen resolution dictates the amount of icons at a given dpi. Size can be 7 inches, with 480x800 it would still have 4 icons, they would just look large.

You can get a similar effect by changing the pixel density of the screen elements by decreasing the dpi of the android ui.

Though surely, you can get 5+ icons in 480x800 with other launchers at stock dpi, it just resizes the icons or reduces the space between the icons.