Hey guys,
    Have there been any statements on jelly bean? I know we have just receive ICS, but they are quite similar, aren't they? I wonder if it is going difficult for OEMS to upgrade phones from ICS to Jellybean. What do you guys think the odds we are going to receive 4.1?
    Thanks
    j510 likes this.
    07-09-2012 07:30 PM
    official: No way.
    Xda: yes.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums
    07-09-2012 08:34 PM
    I have a sg2 that is fudged up. I installed a ics but not for the i777, the other three button version. To clearify it IS a i777 phone and has the other version on it. I can use it sorta but can make calls on it. Can y'all point me to a forum to fix this little problem and install the correct os on it..?

Sent from The Dark Side
    07-10-2012 06:51 AM
    I'd be happy with 4.0.4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    07-10-2012 07:45 AM
    @kRoberts. I would go to xda-developers and go to the att galaxy s2 forums. It sounds like you installed a rom for the international version.
    I highly recommend aokp by task650.

KRoberts likes this.
    07-10-2012 12:49 PM
    @kRoberts. I would go to xda-developers and go to the att galaxy s2 forums. It sounds like you installed a rom for the international version.

Thanks. I hit the thank button but it denied me.

Sent from The Dark Side
    07-10-2012 06:28 PM
    From at&t not a chance. Waiting on cm10.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    duncanator likes this.
    07-10-2012 06:33 PM

Ok, I good ol googled AOKP... yeah uhh thats spanish to me lol. No idea where to start. Could you might maybe shoot me a link in the right direction.

07-10-2012 06:49 PM
    I think we were lucky to get ICS. AT&T's philosophy seems to be that if the version existed before the handset was introduced, then the phone gets the upgrade. Anything afterward is pure charity from their golden hearts.
    bxborn31 likes this.
    07-11-2012 05:37 AM
    @KRoberts

I flashed AOKP this week. I'm still testing, but so far I happy with it - especially compared with the official ICS which I was very disappointed with. Here's a link to AOKP:

[Rom] AOKP Build 7.3.2012 l Task650 & Ktoonsez Run a Train - xda-developers

I had some problems and thought I may have bricked my phone, but a nice person from Uzbekistan helped me get things straightened out. Be careful.

Good luck!
    KRoberts and learning2livelyf like this.
    07-11-2012 11:50 AM
    @kroberts I saw lumens gave you the link. If you have questions or need advice, let me know.

07-11-2012 06:21 PM
    I was browsing another thread one day when I read a post that made sense.

The carriers release a phone with the current OS installed. In the case of the Galaxy SII, that was 2.3.4, if I recall. There was a minor upgrade to 2.3.6 GingerBread, then speculation of ICS. And finally the ICS.

The person who posted the comment said that carriers release the device then essentially promise one major OS update. After the one update, the phone is no longer supported. A way of possibly getting users to upgrade to the next best phone in their stable.

Makes perfect sense to the carrier, I am sure, but some users want to use their devices until they die, and that would mean OS upgrades as they are issued by the manufacturer.

As for Jelly Bean, I doubt we will get it on the GSII. Not to say the hardware won't handle it, but the phone is no longer going to be supported as the GSIII is out.
    07-11-2012 11:38 PM
    I'll go against the odds and predict we will get it. Its more of an incremental upgrade then the jump from Gingerbread to ICS. Its not going to take a whole lot of work, and the hardware more then supports it. It runs fine on my GN but its really not much of a change, I could certainly live with out, on the GS2....(Or I should say my wife can live with out it, since its her phone )

Getting an update seems to be directly proportional to how much you want it, if you don't care, you'll get it! If you want it bad, it will never come!
    07-12-2012 06:03 PM
    F@#k the carriers. All they do is bloat Android, and delay updates. Making the Android experience terrible for many.
    In say root, and you'll get anything you want. Hardware wise, the i777 is capable of it as it is sibling with the Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    07-12-2012 11:19 PM
    @kroberts I saw lumens gave you the link. If you have questions or need advice, let me know.

Thanks! I'm actually completely lost on all of this. I've done the iPhone thing but this is so confusing to me. I'm about to mail it to one of y'all and pay you to fix it.. I get so frustrated with it. Odin this flash that. Clueless guys completely clueless. I'll watch some more video on YouTube and see if I can figure this out. I wanna fix it so bad so my wife can use it since she's sick of her iPhone. Lol

Sent from The Dark Side
    07-12-2012 11:41 PM
    Your wife is wise. Let me know, I'll gladly help.
    KRoberts likes this.
    07-13-2012 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD