Since I have moved to the ics 4.0.3 my sgs2 has started to randomly reboot. I have not installed any new apps. I have had ics about a week and a half and no problems. The last few days it has rebooted 4-5 times a day. Someone told me to remove the SD card and I have. Its only been a little while since I did that. Could the SD card cause random restarts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-2012 05:58 PM
    Having the same problem since the update

07-13-2012 10:33 PM
    Moved everything off my SD and have not had a reboot since...that was right after the ICS update
    07-13-2012 10:37 PM
    If you still want to use your SD card reformat it and then pit your stuff back on it and see if that fixes your reboot problem
    07-13-2012 10:40 PM
    Well after two days since posting my phone has still been rebooting. Not as often but still none the less.

07-15-2012 03:30 PM
    Now my sgs2 is in a nonstop reboot loop. Did three factory resets no luck. Such a shame I miss it but no idea how to fix it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2012 07:17 PM
    I have been having the same issue as well as battery percentage drops with the restarts. It's getting old and I have tried uninstalling every app that I don't use and some that I use to see what is causing it and haven't found it yet. And it happens at random for me too. I will be in different apps, the phone slows down and won't respond, and then it restarts on it's own. I hated my iPhones for battery issues but am beginning to hate this phone for software issues.
    07-24-2012 09:50 AM
    My battery also drops a lot after a restart or battery pull. Sometimes as much as 20%. I am not sure if an app is causing it. The final factory restore I did, I declined all of the Google sign in stuff so it would not try to reload my applications. The only thing on the phone now is what came stock and it still reboots. So if it is software it must be some of the At&T bloatware causing reboots.
    TxAndroidGuy likes this.
    07-24-2012 12:12 PM
    I would guess the phone has a problem as many of us don't have that problem
    07-24-2012 05:39 PM
    I am sending it to Samsung for a rma repair. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-2012 08:59 PM
    I had random reboots until I formatted my sd card, haven't had one since. For the last couple of weeks it's been very solid no issues to speak of.

sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    07-25-2012 07:56 PM
    I have had the same random re-boot problems with my SGS2 however it was with the previous 2.3.6 version of software. Im currently on my third phone since October of 2011. Samsung also sent me a new battery to try. It didnt help any but now I have an extra battery! I never had any problems with 2.3.4 except poor battery life. Now Im using ICS 4.0.3 and it is working OK with no re-booting problems so far (4 or 5 weeks now). My current issue with 4.0.3 is the lag in opening any app and also opening from the lock screen. Everything is slower than before. AT&T and Samsungs answer is to always do a factory reset; Im tired of doing factory resets. Im convinced all my problems are software related and not the hardware. Next step is to root and try something different and if that doesnt satisfy, Ill sell this phone and go back to the iPhone . . .
    07-27-2012 08:13 AM
    I've noticed the same random reboot problems on my SGS2 since it upgraded to ICS. I just assumed it was some apps I'm running or the launcher replacement. But thanks for all your suggestions. I'll try a format of the SD card and factory reset and see if that helps.
    08-17-2012 04:04 PM