My usb charger connectivity started fading a few months ago. ATT told me it was from neglect and wouldn't help me out at all.

i am able to charge the battery externally and the phone works perfect, so i believe the issue is the board with the usb charging port.

I took the phone to a local repair shop. They ordered the part 3 times and seem to be getting the part for every other model and cant find the EXACT match. The global model part allows the phone to charge but it gets super terrible reception. I guess the other one that they got was for the Tmo model, once installed the phone wouldnt charge. I also believe they tried an aftermarket part which also didnt workl. He ordered several of each part to make sure the specific piece wasnt faulty...no luck. Does anyone know where to get one that will work other than buying someones brick?

Thanks a bunch!
    08-01-2012 07:48 PM
    If you're willing to part with your phone for a few days, you can send it in to MobileTechVideos.com for repair. Never used the service myself, but have heard good things from various xda-developers board members.

Samsung Phones - Samsung Galaxy S II I777 (AT&T) - MobileTechVideos.COM
    08-02-2012 09:42 PM