Wi-Fi Problem

SonicTheKevin

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Just recently, my phone has been having some trouble with Wi-Fi. It connects to my home router, but it just doesn't actually connect. It doesn't load anything from any app or website.

I know it can't be the router because my computer and other Wi-Fi connected devices in the house still work... but I just don't understand how my phone can't connect.

I've tried restarting the router, forgetting the connection and trying to connect again, a combination of both, a bunch of other things, all the way down to just powering off my phone out of frustration and turning it back on praying that it just magically works once, but obviously to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

michael3214

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity is the phone rooted? If you've changed ROMs/kernels recently this can cause WiFi connectivity issues if you didn't do a clean install. And definitely check your advanced settings in the WiFi menu.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

SonicTheKevin

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you have wifi turned on in settings?

Yes

Out of curiosity is the phone rooted? If you've changed ROMs/kernels recently this can cause WiFi connectivity issues if you didn't do a clean install. And definitely check your advanced settings in the WiFi menu.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Nah it's not rooted. Just stock with the Ice Cream sandwich update

mviglesias57

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I had a fairly old wireless router when I got my SGS II, and I had problems with the router when I tried to download apps with the phone. The router worked fine with laptops. I replaced the router with a new one and the problems went away.

VerticalCobra

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Just recently, my phone has been having some trouble with Wi-Fi. It connects to my home router, but it just doesn't actually connect. It doesn't load anything from any app or website.

I know it can't be the router because my computer and other Wi-Fi connected devices in the house still work... but I just don't understand how my phone can't connect.

I've tried restarting the router, forgetting the connection and trying to connect again, a combination of both, a bunch of other things, all the way down to just powering off my phone out of frustration and turning it back on praying that it just magically works once, but obviously to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Maybe the router has MAC filtering security setup to only allow registered MAC ids to connect?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance