factory reset

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
1. On a s2, i777, att. If getting rid of phone, would doing a factory reset get rid of all personal information?

2. If having a problem and going to do a factory reset, could I back up music,photos by hooking up to PC and kies?

3. To do a factory reset, is just clicking on it in setting>privacy>factory reset, all I would need to do?

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
1 & 3: Yes, but if you are getting rid of the phone, be sure to check the "Format USB Storage" box at the bottom to erase all data on the phone during the reset. The reset otherwise will reinstall only in key locations like the operating system while erasing the apps partition.

2. Yes, and do it anyway. It never hurts to have another backup of your data -- particularly where photos are concerned.

Sent from my lovable SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: nonie

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
1 & 3: Yes, but if you are getting rid of the phone, be sure to check the "Format USB Storage" box at the bottom to erase all data on the phone during the reset. The reset otherwise will reinstall only in key locations like the operating system while erasing the apps partition.

2. Yes, and do it anyway. It never hurts to have another backup of your data -- particularly where photos are concerned.

Sent from my lovable SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Thanks Dr Triffid, will the "Format USB Storage" come up after I click on factory reset?
As I don't see it in setting now. Will it ask anything else?

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, after you have backed up everything you need, click that box and press the reset button. That will result in a phone that is empty of everything except a new OS installation and default apps. It will be like turning on the phone for the first time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: nonie

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza