I'm trying to use Kies to upgrade my GS2 to ICS but kies says "Your device does not support software upgrading via Kies". My Kies software is up to date and my phone IS NOT rooted. I've searched and searched but can't find a solution. It seems that most folks having this issue also have rooted phones. Again, my phone is not rooted and is completely stock.

Thanks in advance.
    09-07-2012 12:41 PM
    Find the stock ics ROM over on xda, then flash it using Odin.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    09-07-2012 09:10 PM
    I have absolutely no idea what that means or how to do it. This is a stock phone urchaed fro AT&T. I was able to update a coworkers Note to ICS by simply plugging it in, but not my GS2.
    09-07-2012 09:19 PM
    Ya .. same problem here. Called Samsung yesterday and they had me do a bunch of things up to and including a factory reset ... nothing ..

Today after another call they are telling me that it's a bad error message .. generated by load on their system due to another of their phones getting an update.

Now I'm not sure about buying that as I've seen this error message reported at other time periods .. but then I noticed that those were around the time that ICS was first released for the S2 .. so .. well .. they said try it throughout the weekend .. we'll see...
    09-08-2012 12:04 PM
    I have absolutely no idea what that means or how to do it. This is a stock phone urchaed fro AT&T. I was able to update a coworkers Note to ICS by simply plugging it in, but not my GS2.

Odin is an application that slows you to flash stock Samsung firmware to your phone. Go to xda-developers.com and look in the i777 forums for the ROM. If I was on my computer, I'd try to find the exact thread for you.

09-09-2012 08:40 PM
    Odin is an application that slows you to flash stock Samsung firmware to your phone. Go to xda-developers.com and look in the i777 forums for the ROM. If I was on my computer, I'd try to find the exact thread for you.

Quit endorsing tampering especially if it voids the users warranty if by means stock with root through odin. Not everyones into that some people just need tech support. Not every android user is a tech geek
    radiorabbit likes this.
    09-12-2012 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD