Okay, I've had my SII for about a year. This morning, I don't know what happened, but I looked at the screen and there was a small crack on it. When I pressed the unlock button, the "buttons" at the bottom light up like it's going to open, but the screen won't turn on. I couldn't get it on, so I took it to ATT to get a new phone (insurance program).

However, I would like to get my pics, etc off the old phone. I plugged it into the computer, and the computer sees it and gives me the option to open it as a hard drive. When I do that, there is NOTHING there. Not even the folders that are normally on the first page of the drive.

Does anyone have any ideas, or know of any ways I can try and recover the data from the phone's HD?

Thanks
    09-12-2012 08:06 PM
    So the first question has to be how did the crack get there. Something triggered it and might help with a solution. Next, get dropbox so you will not have to worry about pictures.

Now to a possible solution, how about using a data recovery program? Something like spotmau.
    09-13-2012 12:09 AM
    I thought back over what happened. I had it in my back pocket of my scrubs, and I must have sat on it on the couch. That flexed it enough to crack the screen. Didn't mean to. Just a brain fart.

I tried the software you recommended. It only sees my local hard drive and external hard drive. It doesn't see the phone at all. It's looking like a lost cause.

I'm going to try that software one more time, and Google some other data recovery options. Thanks for the tip though piizzadude.
    09-13-2012 10:21 PM