Google Calendar app - touchwiz compatibility

sck18

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just installed the new google calendar app on my sgs2 running stock 4.0.3.

Unfortunately, even after disabling the touchwiz calendar (1.0 and 1.1), my battery is still being chewed up.

When I go into settigs - accounts, the calendar is always syncing.

Is anyone else seeing this?

brmayes

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Wish I had an answer. How did you disable your Touchwiz calendar? When I adjust the calendars to display on one app, that's automatically carried over to the other app. I also tried to turn off notifications in TW calendar, but I'm still getting double notifications, one set from each app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Evoken

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Go into Manage apps in the settings and in the Running tab see if the touchwiz calendar is there, then click on it and stop it from running.

sck18

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, first I went into settings > applications > all, scrolled down to calendar, and disabled both 1.0 and 1.1 versions. That didn't work so I searched online for a while, and found a fix to a different syncing problem that suggested erasing the data in calendar storage as well (which *should* be safe if you're only using google calendars which are backed up to the cloud).

So I disabled calendar syncing in settings > accounts, deleted calendar storage, re-enabled calendar apps, reinstalled google calendar, and then disabled touchwiz calendar notifications in calendar > settings > notifications ... and it seems to be working ok for the past day or so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463