I have an AT&T Galaxy S2 with the 4.04 OS upgrade; it is, as far as I can tell, completely current. I have the stock Music Player app, Winamp and iHeartRadio installed. My music files (roughly 17gig on a 32gig micro SD card) randomly duplicate. One album may be fine, the next two are duplicated inside the folder with the duplicates being unplayable, the next three albums might be okay and then six more may have duplicates. Pictures do it as well, only they all completely duplicate. I just deleted out all the blank dups three weeks ago, and today I saw every last folder has doubled from blank duplicates. When I upgraded to the 32gig card, I had cleaned out all of the dups and used nothing but the native Music player. I have no idea what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-10-2013 01:08 AM
    First of all , Are they really duplicate or just showing twice ?? (Can be known by memory consumption)
    2. Are u deleting system created folder from SD ?
    3. Are u Wiping cache regularly with any 3rd party cleaner ??
    04-10-2013 01:51 AM
    herecomesmaggi,

I'm sorry. I think I just replied directly to you instead of on the thread. Hope that's not a major faux pas.

Anyway, this mess just keeps getting uglier. But to answer your questions:
    1) Memory size being the same, I'm going to say showing twice or ghosting.
    2) I have deleted both individual files and and system folders through the phone and through my laptop.
    3) I had not been, but just downloaded App Cache Cleaner from Infolife, LLC

I tried clearing the cache and that didn't change anything with the music files and pictures. But I have found a whole nest of issues. In Music player I thought I was down to only one album on a quick check (there are about 110 albums) with "duplicates." I was wrong. Everything has between four and six "dups," with one or two being playable. I even found a thread where a poster had a similar problem and by chance found Unmounting his SD card through Settings>Storage worked for him. No luck. Nothing changed. Nothing is playable short of doing it one song at a time. I have no desire to go to the dark side and getting an iPod for my music, but I don't know what else to do...
    04-10-2013 02:18 PM
    I had the exact issue and saw this in another forum. Tried it and it worked a charm:

Goto Settings > Apps > Media Storage, select Clear Data, then Reboot
    04-10-2013 04:07 PM