SSH Server checklist

loadedmind

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey all. First, specs of my phone

i777
Cyanogenmod 9

I've tried a couple of different ssh servers (DropBear & some other one whose name escapes me at the present). Dropbear, for instances, says it starts, I can see the popup asking for root privs, which I then grant, so I know it's at least getting that far. But, for whatever reason, I'm still unable to ssh into the phone. Being from the RedHat background, I realize that the adb shell is quite limited, but is there a way to determine whether the ssh server is allow connections from terminal even though the gui portion of dropbear says it's ready? My symptoms when attempting to ssh is simply "Connection refused". Some time tomorrow when I have more time, I'll post up the ssh -vvv output from the client host. And, speaking of which, is there a way to fork the ssh server daemon to use the -d switch as is typically found with full-blown linux distributions? Ex. ssh -d /etc/ssh/sshd_config OR strace -f sshd 2>&1 | tee sshd.straceout on the Galaxy S2 somehow? I'm thinking because of the limited real estate of the ADB shell, this isn't yet possible?

Anyone running Cyanogenmod 10 and feel it's worth the upgrade over 9? Would that maybe resolve a possible known issues with this release of Cyanogenmod or does that have zero relevance to the issue?

Thanks for any/all help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995