Hi, recently I have gone through 3 phones, all working normally but it was thought that my sim card was so old that it was shorting out the batteries so the phones would act up and not charge. So I got a brand new factory unlocked Samsung S II AT&T phone and I went to my service provider and got a brand new sim card with the same phone number. The phone worked great for a day. Then it died and refused to charge. The charging symbol would pop up occasionally for a second or two then disappear until I wiggled the cord around. I used the new phone charger that came with the phone as well as a friend's charger that always works with her phone (it's compatible with mine). I even went somewhere else and used another person's charger but still nothing. I need help, I paid a lot of money for this new phone and I'm sick of being without one. Any suggestions on what it could be would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys!
    06-08-2013 09:08 AM
    I know we think they are compatibility because they have the same mini USB not the case. What you describe is a defective charge port (wiggle) or a bad charger. If you bought it used it could be either. Suspect charger first. Get a original charger
    06-08-2013 09:17 AM
    No I bought it off ebay. it's brand new as is everything included, in original box. the friend's phone charger is that of a samsung galaxy s 2. It's hard to imagine its just the phone when in the past week 4 phones, one alcatel and 3 different kinds of samsungs, have all done the same thing, die and attempt to charge but fail. is there anyway it could be the sim card again, even though its brand new?
    06-08-2013 09:32 AM
    No I bought it off ebay. it's brand new as is everything included, in original box. the friend's phone charger is that of a samsung galaxy s 2. It's hard to imagine its just the phone when in the past week 4 phones, one alcatel and 3 different kinds of samsungs, have all done the same thing, die and attempt to charge but fail. is there anyway it could be the sim card again, even though its brand new?

First off, welcome to the forums!

I would guess it is the charging port myself. You have tested it by checking against other micro USB cords that don't work either. While original chargers and cables are best, for the most part, micro USB is a universal port.

Just to make sure, did you break the seals on the box? My only question is if you truly got a new device or if it was refurbished?
    06-08-2013 10:01 AM
    It's definitely new, otherwise they'd get sued for false advertisement. I'm sending it back since it has a 7-10 day DOA return policy. Also it's listed as factory unlocked so really the phone should have never been touched by anyone but professionals. The box it's self was not sealed because the company needs to inspect the phone and test them before they send them out. It had a seal on the phone it's self but it's probably put on by the company I bought the phone from. I'm getting another sim card tomorrow with a different phone number because honestly I'm at the end of my rope. The chargers work on the same phone as mine of other people so it's not the charger or the outlet. It's the 4th phone to do the same exact thing so I'm hoping something has gone wrong with the phone number and service provider. Sounds stupid I know but I'm out of ideas
    06-08-2013 10:56 PM
    My galaxy sii not chagrin in spite changing charger. Sometime battery level show full immediately drop to zero level when trying to switch on the mobile
    10-15-2013 07:09 AM