Mitra Ramkissoon

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Go to: Settings
Sounds and Notifications
Apps
Three dots at top hit Show System
Go to Call Services
Hit the little info box next to call service (its an i circled)
Then hit storage then clear data
It should then go away. Just did it myself and it took me an hr to figure out. This is after the marshmallow update.

Thank you! Updated to marshmallow yesterday and I've been having all sorts ofor problems including this one and couldn't figure it out. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

philperron

May 31, 2016
Visit site
For anyone using a LG G3, maybe other LG products, General->Apps, and then in the menu choose "Show system" to find the Call Service app, since it wasn't Phone App or long press on the notification didn't show a settings or info button. Worked for me at least!

Metalcx

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
To clear the voice mail notification when it will not disappear despite hitting the clear notification button, Go to settings, application manager, slide top bar to all, go to phone, open it and hit clear data and the voice mail notification notice will disappear.

Thank u worked like a charm

Brody Pogantsch

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Go to: Settings
Sounds and Notifications
Apps
Three dots at top hit Show System
Go to Call Services
Hit the little info box next to call service (its an i circled)
Then hit storage then clear data
It should then go away. Just did it myself and it took me an hr to figure out. This is after the marshmallow update.

Just tried on my g 5 but didnt work any suggestions?

Lisa Groene

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Im using android 6.0.1 on the 7 edge and i had this problem. I resolved it by going into settings, applications, application manager, more, show system apps, then found the "phone" setting (i had four with different memories), and hitting force stop on all of them. I was able to open the phone app like before and the new voicemail icon as well as the notificatio were gone.

Paul Gaier

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 6P since July and have had this problem since the day I bought it. Finally fixed it today by trying a number of solutions. Not sure which one was the permanent fix. Searching the Internet this problem goes back years. Hello? Android? Are you aware of this years-old problem? I'm of the type that prefers bug fixes to new features, especially if the bugs are annoying and in-your-face 24/7. Hello? Android? Are you listening?

T P Kawleski

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 6P since July and have had this problem since the day I bought it. Finally fixed it today by trying a number of solutions. Not sure which one was the permanent fix. Searching the Internet this problem goes back years. Hello? Android? Are you aware of this years-old problem? I'm of the type that prefers bug fixes to new features, especially if the bugs are annoying and in-your-face 24/7. Hello? Android? Are you listening?

This is indeed an ages-old problem, if anyone remembers early Android versions, and even java devices... there was a bit of a conflict between who is responsible for this notification, which Ultimately ended up being deferred to the carrier to properly notify the device to give up the notification icon and alert status. However taking away that option to block seems to have left history to repeating itself.

What I found the cause of this is simply the voicemail system whether it sends the signal diligently enough or not, it is not being received or processed by the Android device. The problem actually with the battle early on was that; to disable the alert on the device would then ignore any subsequent alerts from the carrier. (i.e. any new voicemails would not be alerted, until restart/roam event...)

For someone who doesn't want to break their software to get this thing to go away the easiest and universal solution is to first of all not make it happen: in essence, don't call your voicemail unless you have a good clear solid signal and not a roaming signal, and if that's not possible when you're back in signal range or a good roaming signal that passes the voicemail notification to the device, then; call voicemail, send yourself a message from within the voicemail system, listen to the message, and all other new messages. Disconnecting with a solid signal should solve the problem.

thank you

NotAnotherAccount

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Pull Off Your Notifications Bar
Keep pressing it till it shows details or info.. Click on it and Force Stop..
No more problem...

Force stop only works until you restart. I tried some of the other solutions and nothing worked. The way I finally solved the issue was to simply call my cell phone, leave a new voicemail then delete the new voicemail. This cleared the voicemail cache.

G0rg1a

May 10, 2017
Visit site
To clear the voice mail notification when it will not disappear despite hitting the clear notification button, Go to settings, application manager, slide top bar to all, go to phone, open it and hit clear data and the voice mail notification notice will disappear.

Thanks thats helped

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

I have this problem. When I go to apps manager there are three entries saying phone but none give the option to clear data.

MMark67

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
So i had this tiny headache called the voice mail icon which kept popping up every time i switched on my Moto 4X ....How to remove it ,, switch off your mobile/Cellphone and leave a message using a land line or other mobile .Now ring your voice mail using your cell phone and delete the message you left then switch off the mobile and switch back on Now Icon is no longer visible.
This process just worked for me .

aznjon623

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried calling myself with another phone and clearing the voicemail, but that didn't help either. In fact, I get two different, separate notifications that I have a voicemail (one from the "phantom" voicemail and one for the other voicemail that I just left). I tried calling the carrier and despite resetting my voicemail, that didn't help, either. I also tried clearing the cache, force stopping, and factory resetting my Moto X4. Anybody else have any other solutions?

DillyMyra

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
Can't get my voicemail notification to go away, and can't access the phone app or even find a voicemail app in settings so I can't clear the cache. Please help having notifications on my phone winds me up so much!

lovebird212

Jul 23, 2018
Visit site
For anyone using a LG G3, maybe other LG products, General->Apps, and then in the menu choose "Show system" to find the Call Service app, since it wasn't Phone App or long press on the notification didn't show a settings or info button. Worked for me at least!

Thank you! I have a Galaxy S7 and some of the items listed above don't seem to exist on my phone. This one finally worked! This is my company cell, so it is really important that I get accurate VM notifications.