Release date rumors?

jemcmichael

May 13, 2011
Visit site
i think you are right. the htc status just dropped so i think att is going to wait until august at least.
Word posted today is sometime in August. Over in the the Sprint forum they're speculating sometime early September, so people don't buy a Photon on July 31 and return it to get the S2. Verizon is thinking a few weeks after the Bionic. My question is this, are there any releases from AT&T that will push back this release?

Last edited:

bbdub

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Word posted today is sometime in August. Over in the the Sprint forum they're speculating sometime early August, so people don't buy a Photon on July 31 and return it to get the S2. Verizon is thinking a few weeks after the Bionic. My question is this, are there any releases from AT&T that will push back this release?

Supposedly the HTC Holiday has been in testing for a while. Not sure when it will release and not sure if it would impact time of release on att. These will definitely be two powerful phones. I'm already having a tough time choosing between them!

RoperBand

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Word posted today is sometime in August. Over in the the Sprint forum they're speculating sometime early August, so people don't buy a Photon on July 31 and return it to get the S2. Verizon is thinking a few weeks after the Bionic. My question is this, are there any releases from AT&T that will push back this release?

Maybe the LG Thrill?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if the GSII roughly followed the release schedule of the original Galaxy S last year. AT&T first, followed by Sprint, followed by Verizon. I'm not sure about T-Mobile this time though. Last year they got the Galaxy S shortly after AT&T.

So I'd guesstimate AT&T mid August, Sprint early September, Verizon late Sept/early Oct, with T-Mobile somewhere in between.

Kingfrog

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
IM betting it will like the Captivate not have the Home button and be loaded with ATT and Samsung Bloat.... The home button is why all of the best custom kernels from the i9000 developers had to be reoriented for the Captivate..No home button.

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking the late release of the US Galaxy 2's is to take away from some of the iPhone mayhem/thunder that "will" happen. BUT, Apple is a master at creating hype and having the masses waiting to see their pride and joy products, case in point, the late release of the new iPhone...:-X

I'm guessing a release date in September..

Last edited:

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Apple is a master at creating hype and having the masses waiting to see their pride and joy products, case in point, the late release of the new iPhone...:-X

Oh yea, isn't that an understatement. At my stops for work I've seen an influx of people who, in the last 2 months, have ditched their blackberries or upgraded their iPod touches for iPhones. The way the explanation of why they got the phone tends to start "my cousin was showing me.." , whether it be apps or features and what not. My point being that Apple has made that hype machine so big that most of the time people don't even know why they got the phone, but other people they know have it. I mean who uses a two year upgrade on an IPhone 4 when the 5 is 2 or less months away? That hype has been there since day 1 and is now fueling itself. I'm no business expert so let Sammy do what they do but going heads up with an IPhone launch might be foolish. If it doesn't go as well as planned I hope they get to blame our U.S. carriers for time spent on alterations.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Well at least we only have one more month of Q3 so there's not much to guess about for an AT&T date. Finally all this guessing and teasing madness will be behind us and we can enjoy this product. It would still be nice if they gave out dates for all the carriers at the announcement though. It's the least they can do.

Reactions: Thunder God