Release date rumors?

vandy56

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Obviously, no release date has been set, but I've heard rumors from July to September. Does anyone have a solid-source rumor? Or even secondhand rumor? Or anything??

I may be the only one, but I definitely don't have $800 to shell out for the UK version.

vandy56

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Being that Verizon is getting theirs in July, I would expect AT&T to be not too far behind.

Verizon to release Samsung Galaxy S II 'Function' in July

This was actually on the main site, too. It was a mistake. If you look at the bottom of the story, you see this:

UPDATE: The carrier said that this was a slip up, and that they were referring to the impending Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 launch on Verizon Wireless.

Mikegrann

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Release Order

Is that the usual order of release. Verizon first then AT&T and then Sprint? Or is it just with this phone?

I'm not 100% positive, but if I remember right for the Galaxy S last year AT&T was first, then Verizon was later and Sprint was later still. If someone else would verify that?

Technically I think T-mobile was first, but it doesn't seem like T-mobile will be getting the S2. Probably because of the AT&T merger/buyout.

Reactions: Minx

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm not 100% positive, but if I remember right for the Galaxy S last year AT&T was first, then Verizon was later and Sprint was later still. If someone else would verify that?

Technically I think T-mobile was first, but it doesn't seem like T-mobile will be getting the S2. Probably because of the AT&T merger/buyout.
Captivate and Vibrant both released in July, Epic released in August and Fascinate released in September. A lot of sites have reported the 3 carriers, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon with models sporting the names that many have been heckling (Function, Attain and Within) but there was never a name given to a T-mobile version. It's personally funny to me how much flak the names are getting because as long as they don't stamp it on the phone, they could call mine the AT&T ass-grab and i could care less... its still goong to work the same. However there is word that T-mo will release a phone in September named the Hercules with multiple specs identical to the S2. If the buyout/merger does occur a phone supporting both company bands would have no problem, theoretically.

Last edited:

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Captivate and Vibrant both released in July, Epic released in August and Fascinate released in September. A lot of sites have reported the 3 carriers, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon with models sporting the names that many have been heckling (Function, Attain and Within) but there was never a name given to a T-mobile version. It's personally funny to me how much flak the names are getting because as long as they don't stamp it on the phone, they could call mine the AT&T ass-grab and i could care less... its still goong to work the same. However there is word that T-mo will release a phone in September named the Hercules with multiple specs identical to the S2. If the buyout/merger does occur a phone supporting both company bands would have no problem, theoretically.

The supposed T-mo version is currently codenamed the Hercules, and is expected possibly in September.....but it's all tentative, and the Hercules may not even be the GS2 for T-mo.

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
hopefully the date it will launch gets announced before mid july and launches by august so i can get it when my contracts up and dont get something else

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I feel like i wud die waiting
Yea it can be painful for a techie. Stay strong though so you can experience the awesomeness Lol. The Samsung rep that was answering questions for the Nexus S back in April said that Canada would see the SII late q2 or very early q3 with a U.S. announcement following shortly and Canada's Bell just revealed it will be getting it on July 14th. A U.S. AT&T release/announcement should be soon, seeing how were knocking on July's door.

abhinayp#WP

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Yea it can be painful for a techie. Stay strong though so you can experience the awesomeness Lol. The Samsung rep that was answering questions for the Nexus S back in April said that Canada would see the SII late q2 or very early q3 with a U.S. announcement following shortly and Canada's Bell just revealed it will be getting it on July 14th. A U.S. AT&T release/announcement should be soon, seeing how were knocking on July's door.

U are my life saver.. Thanks.. Lol

Sent from my ATRIX

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Harish your response is a good way to get an infraction. If you don't like what someone else post go away don't be rude.

Thunder God

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I went to the store today because I was in the shopping center. The sales guy said the captivate is still selling really well for $49 so he thinks they still have at least another month before attain even shows up in the stores.