08-26-2011 10:22 PM
39 12
tools
    Obviously, no release date has been set, but I've heard rumors from July to September. Does anyone have a solid-source rumor? Or even secondhand rumor? Or anything??

I may be the only one, but I definitely don't have $800 to shell out for the UK version.
    06-08-2011 08:11 PM
    Being that Verizon is getting theirs in July, I would expect AT&T to be not too far behind.

Verizon to release Samsung Galaxy S II 'Function' in July
    06-09-2011 11:27 AM
    Is that the usual order of release. Verizon first then AT&T and then Sprint? Or is it just with this phone?
    06-09-2011 12:23 PM
    Being that Verizon is getting theirs in July, I would expect AT&T to be not too far behind.

Verizon to release Samsung Galaxy S II 'Function' in July
    This was actually on the main site, too. It was a mistake. If you look at the bottom of the story, you see this:

UPDATE: The carrier said that this was a slip up, and that they were referring to the impending Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 launch on Verizon Wireless.
    06-09-2011 01:08 PM
    Is that the usual order of release. Verizon first then AT&T and then Sprint? Or is it just with this phone?
    I'm not 100% positive, but if I remember right for the Galaxy S last year AT&T was first, then Verizon was later and Sprint was later still. If someone else would verify that?

Technically I think T-mobile was first, but it doesn't seem like T-mobile will be getting the S2. Probably because of the AT&T merger/buyout.
    Minx likes this.
    06-09-2011 05:55 PM
    I'm not 100% positive, but if I remember right for the Galaxy S last year AT&T was first, then Verizon was later and Sprint was later still. If someone else would verify that?

Technically I think T-mobile was first, but it doesn't seem like T-mobile will be getting the S2. Probably because of the AT&T merger/buyout.
    Captivate and Vibrant both released in July, Epic released in August and Fascinate released in September. A lot of sites have reported the 3 carriers, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon with models sporting the names that many have been heckling (Function, Attain and Within) but there was never a name given to a T-mobile version. It's personally funny to me how much flak the names are getting because as long as they don't stamp it on the phone, they could call mine the AT&T ***-grab and i could care less... its still goong to work the same. However there is word that T-mo will release a phone in September named the Hercules with multiple specs identical to the S2. If the buyout/merger does occur a phone supporting both company bands would have no problem, theoretically.
    06-09-2011 06:56 PM
    Captivate and Vibrant both released in July, Epic released in August and Fascinate released in September. A lot of sites have reported the 3 carriers, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon with models sporting the names that many have been heckling (Function, Attain and Within) but there was never a name given to a T-mobile version. It's personally funny to me how much flak the names are getting because as long as they don't stamp it on the phone, they could call mine the AT&T ***-grab and i could care less... its still goong to work the same. However there is word that T-mo will release a phone in September named the Hercules with multiple specs identical to the S2. If the buyout/merger does occur a phone supporting both company bands would have no problem, theoretically.
    The supposed T-mo version is currently codenamed the Hercules, and is expected possibly in September.....but it's all tentative, and the Hercules may not even be the GS2 for T-mo.
    06-11-2011 02:29 PM
    hopefully the date it will launch gets announced before mid july and launches by august so i can get it when my contracts up and dont get something else
    06-11-2011 03:02 PM
    How long before the actual release date do they usually announce it?
    06-11-2011 10:36 PM
    How long before the actual release date do they usually announce it?
    Normally about two weeks looking at Sammy's previous releases, excluding the Charge on VZ.
    Minx and orchidsbloom like this.
    06-12-2011 12:49 PM
    I feel like i wud die waiting
    06-17-2011 01:52 PM
    I feel like i wud die waiting
    Yea it can be painful for a techie. Stay strong though so you can experience the awesomeness Lol. The Samsung rep that was answering questions for the Nexus S back in April said that Canada would see the SII late q2 or very early q3 with a U.S. announcement following shortly and Canada's Bell just revealed it will be getting it on July 14th. A U.S. AT&T release/announcement should be soon, seeing how were knocking on July's door.
    06-20-2011 11:44 PM
    Yea it can be painful for a techie. Stay strong though so you can experience the awesomeness Lol. The Samsung rep that was answering questions for the Nexus S back in April said that Canada would see the SII late q2 or very early q3 with a U.S. announcement following shortly and Canada's Bell just revealed it will be getting it on July 14th. A U.S. AT&T release/announcement should be soon, seeing how were knocking on July's door.
    U are my life saver.. Thanks.. Lol

Sent from my ATRIX
    06-27-2011 05:51 PM
    The wait was slowly killing me so I got a white Nexus S a month ago, but I still have an itch for a new phone.
    06-27-2011 09:13 PM
    U are my life saver.. Thanks.. Lol

Sent from my ATRIX
    I have an update coming july 15.. Waiting for any new android phone

Sent from my ATRIX
    06-27-2011 11:06 PM
    I have an update coming july 15.. Waiting for any new android phone

Sent from my ATRIX
    Abinay...you are really annoying....please shut up until there is an real update...you are not the only one waitin!!!
    06-28-2011 12:47 AM
    Abinay...you are really annoying....please shut up until there is an real update...you are not the only one waitin!!!
    Thanks for the tip n u now go get a life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-28-2011 01:26 AM
    Harish your response is a good way to get an infraction. If you don't like what someone else post go away don't be rude.
    BetaRoc likes this.
    06-29-2011 09:52 PM
    Boy, do I like getting several emails in a row due to being subscribed to this thread to find no new information on a release date. Fantastic.
    Thunder God likes this.
    06-29-2011 10:42 PM
    I went to the store today because I was in the shopping center. The sales guy said the captivate is still selling really well for $49 so he thinks they still have at least another month before attain even shows up in the stores.
    07-14-2011 02:52 PM
    Looks like it could be this month, although it doesn't specifically mention AT&T:

[LEAK] Samsung Galaxy S2 First Hits North America July 21st
    07-14-2011 05:16 PM
    Looks like it could be this month, although it doesn't specifically mention AT&T:

[LEAK] Samsung Galaxy S2 First Hits North America July 21st
    That's the release in Canada. The US will NOT be seeing a GS2 in July.
    07-14-2011 05:24 PM
    It's starting to seem rather unlikely for July.
    07-14-2011 06:34 PM
    qualified for an upgrade and no good offerings from AT&T. . . . what are they waiting for?
    07-17-2011 08:00 PM
    qualified for an upgrade and no good offerings from AT&T. . . . what are they waiting for?
    Me too
    07-18-2011 12:20 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD