jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
i usually rock my phones naked... but this thing is so slippery! any suggestions for a case that dont add bulk to the phone? also i have a spare battery that i swap so hopefully the case will last me pulling it off and on...
I've used Elago Slim cases in the past on iPhones and they are perfect. Matte finish and grippy but not too rubbery feeling.
I think I am going to order this one today. I'll let you know how it is in a few days.
http://www.amazon.com/elago-Galaxy-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1883327

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ah, here we go...

otterboxpackage.jpg

otterboxcommuter.jpg

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
DUH! For flip sake, why didn't you call me and tell me this?

Force of habit with my HTC ONE X, always pressing the power button. I hated the power button on the HTC One X in a case, in particular the Speck case...

PS: THANKS!

Do you even need to with the home button?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I almost tweeted you but haven't seen you around in awhile. Yeah, probably one of my most favorite attributes of this phone. Bu-Bye power button, don't need ya anymore! :D

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed Seidio surface case looks very simular to the otter box defender case, from what I can tell on the site picture anyone have it?

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed Seidio surface case looks very simular to the otter box defender case, from what I can tell on the site picture anyone have it?

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

I think the active or convert would be more similar to the OB defender. The surface is a much lighter case. It offers some protection against drops etc but adds minimal bulk. The surface is also cut out for the power and volume buttons giving access to these buttons. It is also a hard plastic with a gripy coating. The OB defender and the Seidio Active and Convert give much more protection but with more bulk.

Reactions: Mercury81

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I emailed Otterbox about the issue with the Commuter; being hard to press the power button.

A moment ago I received an email from them, they are sending me a new Commuter. So, I wonder if the 'rubber gel' on my current one is just too hard\faulty. They shipped a replacement, without even digging into it further. I wonder if they were already aware of the issue. Interesting...

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I emailed Otterbox about the issue with the Commuter; being hard to press the power button.

A moment ago I received an email from them, they are sending me a new Commuter. So, I wonder if the 'rubber gel' on my current one is just too hard\faulty. They shipped a replacement, without even digging into it further. I wonder if they were already aware of the issue. Interesting...

Otterbox has the best customer service of any company I can remember dealing with.

I had two of the small clips snap on a Gnex defender box, called told them what happened and no questions asked they sent me another one. They didn't even want the old one back, told me to pitch the broken part and use the others for spares if I ever needed them.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Seidio 20% coupon for 6/27/ & 6/28

enter June2012 at checkout in promo code box

Thanks for posting this.

I get emails from Seidio but I seem to check this board more often then I do my emails. I just got back in town this morning (after leaving the day of my phone being shipped on the 21st). That is pain knowing your new phone is sitting at your house and your 800 miles away, for 6 days!!

I have it charged, but not activated. I wanted to get the case for it ordered and on it's way first . I just ordered the Surface, and will then get the Convert Add on when it becomes available. The 20% off makes up the $10 difference you pay when you order the Surface and Convert kit separately, as opposed to ordering the Convert Value pack (which isn't available yet either).

Every saved dollar helps. Now to activate and play with (I mean, learn) my new phone.....:)

DRUETSR

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't find any case local to me (Atlanta, Kennesaw - GA).

Seriously, I have to order something online? This device is so slippery...

Did you ever find anything local? I live in the same area. No phone yet just trying to get geared up for when it comes in.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums