Zagg Screen Protector...

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My local BB has a Zagg Screen protector for my SIII....Few questions..

1) Is it worth it? (At some point i will be buying an OtterBox Defender case.)

2) The liquid! Can it ruin the device? What scares me is the ear and home button areas most.

3) Does it cover the full front of the phone?

OR my other option is my local ATT store has a static cling Screen protector for $25. The Zagg is going for $20 and BB would install it for me too. Best option? Or wait out the OB case!?

Cheers!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a Zagg brand screen saver on a Palm Pre+ and on a Droid Bionic. The material certainly is scratch proof and protects the glass as well as eliminate most finger prints. However it is not smooth on the outer surface and slightly degrades images and it is thick enough that it does reduce the tactical sensitivity of the screen a bit. Neither of these things make the device unusable but should be considered for any screen saver in my opinion. The water used to apply is not an issue to the phone during installation, but I have to tell you from experience getting the film on, aligned, and bubble free is a real pain. The cost of having it done is money well spent I learned the hard way.
My choice to date is to not put on a screen protector as the SIII has Gorilla Glass 2 as a face cover. I have Gorilla Glass on both my Tab 10.1 and Tab 2 7 inch and a simple wipe with a 3M brand lens cleaning cloth after breathing on the glass cleans it like new..

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I used a lot of ZAGG screen protectors in my day. I used they all the way up to my Galaxy Note. The grippy material did not work well with the stylus and the screen was not as clear with an HD screen, I wanted it to be clear as possible. I went with a SGP screen protector and that is what I have on my SGSIII. It is the Ultra Crystal. I received an email from Citi.E (Amazon), the vendor I bought it from, sent me an email saying that they were going to replace it because they were getting reports of it peeling up at the edge. I got a great application so did not notice it but hey, I will take the new screen protector if they want to send me one. Apparently, SGP has made a screen protector just for the SGSIII bacuse of the way the screen curves at the edge.

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The invisible Shield is really great. It has the protection but not for water it hides fingerprints very well and it's all around scratch proof .... I've been using it for at least three years on all my devices and love it . Order on Amazon and save about 10 bucks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yup, if going with a screen protector I would recommend a zagg. I don't use screen protectors anymore but when I did I would use a zagg. Great quality and didn't cause a haze or ruin the screen quality. I just like going naked now. Lol

Sent from my HTC One X

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I got the HD version from best buy and honestly, I don't like it, but I wanted a screen protector on my phone. I am waiting till a scratch resistant and anti-glare one comes out, but this will do until then. I don't like the feel of the material that is used on the screen.

WillSucceed

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Ghostarmor.com

GHOST ARMOR > ZAGG
installed for you at a local kiosk
lifetime warranty
thinner yet strong material
no orange peel effect
no loss of touch

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I went with the HD one from Best Buy. I was right there and I had a gift card... so far I don't regret it. Its a lot smoother than the old ones, it still has some slight orange peal but nothing like the original. I'm used to a naked screen so it feels a bit rubbery to me but its crystal clear and the best buy folks installed it for free.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I went with the HD one from Best Buy. I was right there and I had a gift card... so far I don't regret it. Its a lot smoother than the old ones, it still has some slight orange peal but nothing like the original. I'm used to a naked screen so it feels a bit rubbery to me but its crystal clear and the best buy folks installed it for free.

I'm thinking about this one my self.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I've used ZAGG on my past 5 devices. The lifetime warranty is a definite plus. It's one of the best investments you can make with your device. The I other is a good case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
What's wrong with the screen protector that comes with the Commuter and the Defender?

Nothing but there isn't a defender case out yet! They are taking forever too! Until then I have ordered the commuter case!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII

jppowers

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the Zagg HD one in my Best Buy, too. I can't speak to other Mobile reps, but the guys in my store do a PHENOMENAL job installing it. It feels a lot better than I thought it would. I used to use Zagg's on my iPhone 3G then on my Evo, but I never liked the texture. The HD feels a lot better, more natural I guess. Still grippier than the glass itself, but perfectly usable. I got used to really quick.

The way the liquid works for installing it isn't a problem as long as you do the following:
1. turn the phone off while installing it. Be safe, not sorry.
2. Give it time to dry. You can turn it back on, but don't leave it in your pocket or out in the heat, let it try at room temperature.
3. The only case you should be on immediately after installing with the liquid is a snap on, since it's "wrapping" around the phone and the screen protector. A slide on case can pick up the edges.

After install, my rep told me it might look streaky for about a day but once the liquid dried out more it'd go away. However, it didn't look streaky at all because he seriously did such a great job.

Reactions: baykcd

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
How does it feel when using it. I know its not like glass but I'm woried that it may feel sticky when using it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jppowers

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say sticky, but definitely more "grippy." Your finger doesn't slide as easily as it does on glass, but more so then the older zagg shields.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I've got mine today and it feels better then I thought. I'm liking it so far. Just hoping that the few water marks goes away like zagg says.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So what is a good case to get to go with the Zagg? I don't want it to peel in the corners. I am worried with whatever I get will make this thing peel off.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
The slim ones would be the best. The I have a body glove case on mine and works ok. I do have to be careful on one side due to the zagg being on a little crooked. I'm very happy with mine but man I've got a lot hairs under mine. What can I do about that and what is a good solution that I can use to redo it. I'm out of solution. What's good to use

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
My local BB has a Zagg Screen protector for my SIII....Few questions..

1) Is it worth it? (At some point i will be buying an OtterBox Defender case.)

2) The liquid! Can it ruin the device? What scares me is the ear and home button areas most.

3) Does it cover the full front of the phone?

OR my other option is my local ATT store has a static cling Screen protector for $25. The Zagg is going for $20 and BB would install it for me too. Best option? Or wait out the OB case!?

Cheers!
1. No...It's the only protector that I know of that costs so much. Other offerings from XtremeGuard, Skinomi, REALook, etc., have product as good and better in many cases for much less.

2. Of course it can. But the good thing is that it takes very little to get the job done.

3. It covers the whole screen, minus the cutouts

I'm not sure how the protector is that comes with the Otterbox for this phone, but if it's anything like the one that came with my Commuter for my Atrix 2 I promise you you're gonna want something different.

I'd suggest XG or Skinomi, both of which can be found on Amazon for a buck shipped

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I got whatever they had at the ATT store when I picked up the phone. Anti glare. Right. What flippin good is anti glare if you can't see the screen outside during the day? Is there a protector that doesn't render the phone useless in sunlight?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692