Commuter screen protector any good?

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I bought the ballistic sg maxx case when I grabbed the phone. The case is ok, little bulky. I hate the screen protector though.

I'm thinking of switching to the OB Commuter, but how is the screen protector? Does it blur the screen at all? Do you notice it?

I may just keep the sg maxx and go no screen protector. Did that for 4 months with iphone 4 and no scratches. Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance. I'd like to get this sorted by today!

:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the Commuter with no screen protector until my Defender hopefully arrives today. You should be fine but I have heard the Zagg HD screen protector is fine as well. This is my first device with GG2 and I would think that a screen proctector is added insurance. The Maxx case is only marginally less bulky than the Defender. If you look at the Defender drop test on YouTube, it will definitely impress and the Defender has a built-in screen protector that is not adhesive like the Commuter or Zagg.

Reactions: Yogi217

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Can you or anyone let me know how the screen protector is on the Defender? I tried to compare the Maxx screen protector vs my old iphone defender screen protector, but it was soooo beat up from use, that there wasn't much difference between the two.

I'm stuck, order the defender and return the maxx or keep the max and grab a ghost armor screen protector? Choices :-/

Anyone have any advice?

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
The thickness doesn't bother me on either case and the drop test was assuring for the OB.

I'm just curious about the screen protector part. On my i4, the screen got beat up in about 7mo of use, and OB doesn't replace the screen. So, you have to get another case...

The Maxx case is usable without the screen protector, so you can put any one on you like or leave it bare. The protector is also replaceable for only $10, which is better than buying a whole new case. But the screen protector that came with mine is terrible. Makes everything (well mostly whites and bright colors) pixel like or almost blurry. This phone has such a nice screen, I want to enjoy it.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I didn't like the zagg on my i4. Plus I couldn't get in correctly.

If i do keep the maxx, i'll get ghost Armor on the screen. There is a kiosk in a mall near me. I'll have them do it.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Maxxx screen protector:

Thought I would share. This is how blurry the maxx screen protector is.

The protector was cleaned and the focus was set to the screen protector, not the Window pain in the background.

Da New Champ

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the Commuter with no screen protector until my Defender hopefully arrives today. You should be fine but I have heard the Zagg HD screen protector is fine as well. This is my first device with GG2 and I would think that a screen proctector is added insurance. The Maxx case is only marginally less bulky than the Defender. If you look at the Defender drop test on YouTube, it will definitely impress and the Defender has a built-in screen protector that is not adhesive like the Commuter or Zagg.

Man i wish i could do Defender but that full rubber back is such a turn off..It would yank out my whole pocket and everything in it everytime i pull it out. I looked at the commuter but i heard a lot of complaints about the buttons, im going to try the Trident Aegis and hopefully that works out good, I have a ballistic case and the screen protecter on that is HORRIBLE, its constantly blurry!! I washed it with soap and water to see if it would change but NO same effect of blur! WTF is wrong! lol

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I use the commuter on my s3 and love it. The screen protector that comes with it does not blur out the screen. And I just got the email from otterbox that the white one is available. Plus like 4 more colors.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante