♥♥♥ Silicone or Hard Case? Need to know if these are good cases, please read!! :)♥♥♥

Aeristilheartly

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
♥♥♥ Silicone or Hard Case? Need to know if these are good cases, please read!! :)♥♥♥

I really like some of these Hard cases they're coming out with, like the brushed aluminum... but I REALLLY like cases like these ones I've been looking at too:

New Samsung Galaxy S3 s 3 III i9300 Soft Gel Silicone Case Cover Many Designs | eBay

White Game Boy Rubber Gel Silicone Case Cover Samsung Galaxy S3 s 3 III I9300 | eBay

I bought one of the gameboy ones and a couple of the flower ones... and thinking about buying two more of them, but I'm curious as to which are "more" protective?

It seems to me the silicone would be more protective because of the rubber touch... looking at hard cases, it almost makes me cringe wondering what would happen if I dropped my phone with that on it, it doesn't seem like it'll help my phone, in fact will make it more likely to break... so any advice here? Probably going to buy two more of the silicone heart/flower cases unless someone can tell me that hard cases are 'better' :p lol

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: ♥♥♥ Silicone or Hard Case? Need to know if these are good cases, please read!! :)♥♥♥

Hard cases have a couple of disadvantages, they usually have cutouts arond the buttons, which can snag and pull a button off the device, hut the worst is that although they are primarily surface protection (scratches) I've had them collect grit and grind it into the cases of a couple of phones.

Silicone gives some bounce protection, but has drawbacks. One, they can become loose. They can tear. They are a PITA for pocket carry, and they aren't always case friendly.

A combination soft inner with a polycarbonate shell or skeleton is recommended for real protection. Ballistic, Otterbox, Trident, UAG Urban Armor, Superleggera, are some of the quality combo cases.

I use a hybrid Ballistic Smooth case. Reasonable scratch, bump, and fall protection, slides in and out of a pocket easily, and doesn't collect lint like silicone, plus it isn't bulky, nor does it interfere with my fingers near the edges of the screen.

There are a host of them out there, but sometimes, ya just gotta try 'em out.

beanctr10

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: ♥♥♥ Silicone or Hard Case? Need to know if these are good cases, please read!! :)♥♥♥

I use the Speck hard shell with a rubber inside. I lime it cause it has raised rubber on the edges so that when I set down my phone face first it does not get scratched.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Meeh

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I use the Otterbox Commuter case. PITA to put on and remove but I have no doubt that it will protect my phone from a fall. I like the shell on the outside bc it makes it super easy for it to slide into my pocket. Doesn't add that much bulk to the phone and it makes it feel a little less delicate to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38