AT&T Galaxy S3 Roms

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking at roms for my S3 and thought i would share them and share feedback.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Ultimatum Rom and OC using Tapatalk 2

amhukki

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to install Ultimatum 3.1.2. on my att galaxy s3 but after it boots, i get this message: MESSAGING HAS STOPPED! What is causing it? Same problem with 3.1.1 but no problem with 3.1.0.1.

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
You do have the AT&T model right?
Do you have a custom kernel?

amhukki

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
The Aroma installer does not ask which model phone I have. What kernel should I have? I tried to install the Ultimate 3.1.2. after rooting att stock rom. The Ultimate 3.1.1. does ask what phone I have but I get the same message: MESSAGING HAS STOPPED!

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Revert to stock, redownload the file. Make sure you have a custom cwm and not stock that is really important. I can provide it if you don't have it.

Last edited:

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Here's a JB Rom (CM10) developed by cyanogen himself. if anyone is interested in trying JB out. For me it was able to be a daily driver but if you have big use for tethering and GPS (you can fix with an app though) you will have problems with the Rom still beeing in alpha fit has some problems and those were the to big one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28891628#post28891628
You will need to install gapps if you want them. Can provide link for comparable ones with this Rom.

amhukki

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Tried that. It does not work. Same problem: UNFORTUNATELY, MESSAGING HAS STOPPED!

Now, what else can I do? I have tried to revert back to stock several times. The Ultimatum 3.1.0.1 does work!

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
You are getting that message when flashing right?

amhukki

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
The flashing finishes correctly and after phone boots and when I get the screen where it asks you to begin entering your info, then the message pops up. I have tried everything I know but nothing seems to work.

Last edited:

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I couldent think of anythingbother than its an unsuccessful flash. And files are missing. Because i have flashed it on to 4 diffrent s3 all with success and them working perfect

Edit: try to do a factory reset after you flash it.

Last edited:

amhukki

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I just flashed the new version of the Ultimatum 3.1.3. but the same problem is there. "UNFORTUNATELY, MESSAGING HAS STOPPED." I tried different CWM recoveries and everything else I can think of but nothing works. What is the problem with this ROM?

amhukki

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
yes, all other roms other than Ultimatum 3.1.1 , 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 do work fine. I understand some other people are having the same problem.