[Guide UPDATED] How to Unroot your AT&T Galaxy S3 (Return To Stock I747UCDLK3 JellyBean )

Renovatedracer

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Guide] How to Unroot your AT&T Galaxy S3 (Return To Stock)

everything worked great for me but it booted in a mode called factory mode ? I orginally came to your fix because i lost my imei info so i decided to go completly stock how do i take it out of factory mode also my imei is still 0

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
everything worked great for me but it booted in a mode called factory mode ? I orginally came to your fix because i lost my imei info so i decided to go completly stock how do i take it out of factory mode also my imei is still 0

Only way to fix a lost imei if you don't have a backup is through a jtag. Pm is on the way. I believe you will stay in factory mode until you restore the imei.

StrangerAtXRoads

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Any one downloaded the file lately? I am trying for almost an hour but couldn't download.

[EDIT] Got it now. It took a while to start.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Any one downloaded the file lately? I am trying for almost an hour but couldn't download.

I don't know what is wrong with it but yes. I'm having the same issue and probably won't be able to get to it until tomorrow. In the time being you can use the following link. However, this link is a zipped file and you will have to extract it before flashing it in Odin.

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Samsung-Updates.com-SGH-I747_ATT_1_20121116120521_7p9l4qgqoh.zip

edack

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I had a bad ROM download and just wanted to start "clean". good job. One side effect for me was that I went from ICS to JB.

Ace Hernandez

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

Please help me. . . Im getting problem when im putting I747UCALG1_I747ATTALG1_I747UCALG1_HOME.tar.md5 to my odin. . . MD5 value is invalid. . . and when im changing it to .tar nothing happened. . . Please help. . .

Ace Hernandez

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

And when im putting the file it auto start to read. . . I didnt hit the start button yet. . .

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Please help me. . . Im getting problem when im putting I747UCALG1_I747ATTALG1_I747UCALG1_HOME.tar.md5 to my odin. . . MD5 value is invalid. . . and when im changing it to .tar nothing happened. . . Please help. . .

redownload the file for the md5 error. Or try the link in post #45. If you use the link in post 45 it will have to be extractec.

DJango Brown

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So what exactly am I (if I follow this procedure) flashing to my I747UCALI5 w/CWM recovery & rooted AT&T S3?

Am I "removing" root or am I actually "flashing" a new ROM?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
So what exactly am I (if I follow this procedure) flashing to my I747UCALI5 w/CWM recovery & rooted AT&T S3?

Am I "removing" root or am I actually "flashing" a new ROM?

You would be returning to STOCK unrooted official att software and firmware. It is a full image tar file. I have been told that it does NOT wipe any data, apps or settings.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Some people have been having problems with the md5 on the file in the original post. I plan to reupload the file this evening after work. The only differences with the file above and the file on the first page is one is zipped and the other is extracted already.

FlyHi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I went through your process in its entirety and ran triangle away, however, device status under settings still reads "Modified"

In download mode,
custom binary download: No
current binary: Samsung official
System status: official

Please help, I really just want my phone to be completely restored to it's original state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781