Successfully rooted my S3 and am running CM10..just a couple questions.

jodymcl

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
The nightly build I installed yesterday is so far running great on my phone. I did follow the directions to do a data wipe and cache wipe with cwm to install CM10, this of course made me redo all my settings.

1. If I want the latest rom, if I install it without wiping the data first does it retain everything I have done?
I love the performance I am getting from the phone, but don't want to set it up every time I install a rom, am I a noob?
I guess that was only one question.

Trigger73

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
If your just updating the nightlies then you dont need to wipe anything, at least i dont. I have never had any problems doing this and i dont have to set my phone up everytime I update.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
This is my experience.

When I was running nightlies, I would just flash them over top of the day before, unless it was a new build (CM9 to CM10). I never had that much of an issue. If I did have a problem, I would delete the app (or clear the cache if it was a system app) and reinstall.

If it was a disaster and I had a ton of FC's then i would restore my nandroid backup (always make one before flashing anything) and either start over with flashing over top, or do a clean flash (wipe first)

rdogger

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If you are dirty flashing at least wipe cache and davlik. But clean is always best, when using titanium backup it take's little time to set up everything unless you have a ton of apps that have to download.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If you are dirty flashing at least wipe cache and davlik. But clean is always best, when using titanium backup it take's little time to set up everything unless you have a ton of apps that have to download.

True, I should have said that. You know what I hate, it isn't the apps part, it is resetting all the system settings and launcher settings. The launcher doesn't do it well, and you can't, as far as I know, back up the system settings. That is my big pita

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty