Was going to flash-didn't. Will otas still work?

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So I was going to flash cm10 and changed my mind. So I now have two questions

1. When jb becomes available for ATT will I have to unroot?

2. Should I Uninstall the cm recovery and if so, how would I go about this?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Red GS3

RobbieL811

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So I was going to flash cm10 and changed my mind. So I now have two questions

1. When jb becomes available for ATT will I have to unroot?

2. Should I Uninstall the cm recovery and if so, how would I go about this?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Red GS3

When the update becomes available through OTA, yes you will have to unroot. You can download Voodoo OTA root keeper & try that. If that doesn't work, you will lose root when you flash the Jellybean update. When you get ready to OFFICIALLY update your best bet is probably gonna be to flash back to stock firmware through Odin, essentially completely resetting your phone & then apply the OTA update from there. That is of course if the Voodoo app doesn't work. I've never used it so I don't know.

Edit* He'll, I would continue to run CM10 until the update comes if you like it. You can take the steps I mentioned on the day of the update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
When the update becomes available through OTA, yes you will have to unroot. You can download Voodoo OTA root keeper & try that. If that doesn't work, you will lose root when you flash the Jellybean update. When you get ready to OFFICIALLY update your best bet is probably gonna be to flash back to stock firmware through Odin, essentially completely resetting your phone & then apply the OTA update from there. That is of course if the Voodoo app doesn't work. I've never used it so I don't know.

Edit* He'll, I would continue to run CM10 until the update comes if you like it. You can take the steps I mentioned on the day of the update.

Yea I'm leaning towards it I'm a little afraid to flash lol

Sent from my Red GS3

RobbieL811

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea I'm leaning towards it I'm a little afraid to flash lol

Sent from my Red GS3

I wouldn't do anything thing that worried you even if it was just a little bit. Just wait a little while if you are uncomfortable flashing. The JB update SHOULDN'T be too far away but you never know with AT&T!!! If you need any help when it comes time to update, just PM me & I'll help as much as I can. It shouldn't be too hard though...

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't do anything thing that worried you even if it was just a little bit. Just wait a little while if you are uncomfortable flashing. The JB update SHOULDN'T be too far away but you never know with AT&T!!! If you need any help when it comes time to update, just PM me & I'll help as much as I can. It shouldn't be too hard though...

Thanks I appreciate it. I used rom manager and got stuck on the splash screen for cm10, just reloaded Mt backup and I'm fine but I guess I'll just leave it be lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

RobbieL811

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I appreciate it. I used rom manager and got stuck on the splash screen for cm10, just reloaded Mt backup and I'm fine but I guess I'll just leave it be lol

If you want to download CM10, I always get it from get.cm. You have to make sure that you have your device selected on the left side of the page. If you have an at&t GS3, it would be d2att. Download the latest nightly & then boot into CWM manually & flash it that way. That's how I do it anyways.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If you want to download CM10, I always get it from get.cm. You have to make sure that you have your device selected on the left side of the page. If you have an at&t GS3, it would be d2att. Download the latest nightly & then boot into CWM manually & flash it that way. That's how I do it anyways.

I may try again this way then. I'll report back with the results!

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Yep! I read that the rom manager did everything but I guess not. I'll just dig up the tutorial I was going to use and try it that way

RobbieL811

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep! I read that the rom manager did everything but I guess not. I'll just dig up the tutorial I was going to use and try it that way

Just download goomanager from the play store. You can get the latest signed Gapps from there. Then download CM10 from get.cm. Then boot into CWM & flash as you normally do.